mueller question

dizzo

so I was looking at mueller scopes and I found that the 4.5-14x40 mildot costs pretty much the same as the 8.5-25x44. why? is the higher mag of poor quality?
I was planning on buying one of these for my savage stevens in 308. I have heard great things about mueller scopes having alot of bang for the buck. this gun will be for bench shooting only. looking to do 100 to 600+ yrds.

Last edited:
Dizzo,For a lower end scope,the mueller is decent-not great.
I have 2 Eracticator 8.5-25x50 scopes on my 223's and they work OK,but they become fuzzy around the edges when turned past 20x.

For what I use them for,they work fine-but if I was going to shoot at longer ranges,I would probably put a better quality scope on both rifles.I mainly use these rifles for varmints and target shooting out to 300-400yrds.

001-17.jpg

I have the Tac II with mildot by Mueller on a Remington model 7 and it is actually really nice...Glass is Japanese and very good!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.