Muck boots? Worth it to stay warm?

Cullboss

I recently moved up north from the southern border and I see a lot of people running around in muck boots. I assume they are the best at keeping your feet warm, but I was just wondering what everyones opinion is. I get cold easily, and may just need time to acclimate to the north but my feet get cold quick. Thanks

It depends on what model you purchase. I have the base model and with wool socks they work fine for running around in. I've even used mine in the duck blind in late season. If they start to get cold I drop a disposable hand warmer in them.my hunting partner lives in his in the winter.

Had the ones with 1000 thinsulate. My feet sweat alot so these were really warm and then they were extremely cold. They did not dry out very fast either. Spent a week in Maine and they were wet in the morning when I put them on. Even after putting newspaper in to soak up the wetness. Definitely waterproof.

Good for crossing creeks though.

the best boots I've found to keep my feet warm are military micky mouse boots . I have a Bob's army navy store close to me , that I bought them from .

don't take the below info the wrong way . it's just how I feel . I thought maybe you didn't hear about this .

I have a pair of muck boots , and I do use them , but I won't buy another pair . I will not knowingly support a company that donates to gun control , or anti hunting groups .

google search" muck boots anti hunting " . here is one link that will come up

Muck Boots Keeps Stepping In The Muck On Social Media | BEEF Daily

a few more companies I stay away from .

Levi jeans / anti gun
AARP / anti gun

I bought a pair of these for my girlfriend . they are about the same thing as mucks but don't have muck name on them . hopefully not made by muck .

Cabela's Instinct™ Accelerator 9mm Rubber Boots : Cabela's

They're everything you've heard they are. I use them gathering cows and horses in the cold. Hold spurs well. I use the arctic style snowmobiling in sub freezing deep snow with one heavy pair of wool socks. I use them for changing irrigation lines and cleaning the canal. I have Schnees felt lined lace up packs that aren't really that much better at twice the money. Worth the money spent.

Good boots. They're all I wear. I wear the Wetlands 90% of the time. If it gets really cold, near zero, I wear the Woody Max with 1200 grams of Thinsulate.

I Love My Muck Boots,the "Chore" Boots are the ones I like the best...they are not real high up on the legs,(about 1/2 way up/between the ankle and knee),easy to slip on and off and with good socks they stay plenty warm for Me.The "Artic Chore" are Rated for even Colder Weather and would be even better if Your in a Colder area of the US and want to stay warmer!

If You shop around You can find the Muck Boots at a good price...I've always have found the best prices at the Local Feed Stores or our local MFA here in our little Town in Missouri.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.