MT. or Wy. 4 Praire Dog hunting

B23

Title pretty much says it all. Not looking for a ****ing contest but my dad and I want to go praire dog hunting this spring and would like to know where the best places to go are. Guided is fine just want to have lots of praire dogs to shoot. Seems I have heard more about Pdogs in Wy. more so than Mt. as of late. I don't know so i'm asking for those that do.

Thanks

Never been to MT for PDog, but I've been to Wy a couple times. I'm stationed in NC, but my family lives in UT. I know this is a summer ritual for my dad, uncle, and brother. They load up the trucks and go to just over the border between UT and WY for a day of PDog hunting. At one spot we killed them from 400-500 yards, but then close enough (@ 50 yd) to use a 10/22 22LR as well. I'll see if I can get ahold of them to find the place they go to. No use paying for a guide if you don't have to right? :D Where would you be coming from?

Up around Casper Wy. is very good. They do have some guided hunts. You might want to take a bucket of bullets with you. South Dakota is another very good place. I know nothing about MT. it could be very good also. There is info on the net if you look. twarren

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.