MT going to cut loose on wolves!!!

It's time that Montana told judge Malloy and the rest of the fed government that we will manage our own wildlife period. I would like to know where in the constitution is a provision that allows the feds to step in and manage our affairs wheathr it be wolves ,guns, speedlimits or what ever. Enough is enough. What is going on with the wolves is sheer madness. It's time to tell the feds to get out of our business. There is no constitutional authority for what they are doing.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree with you more MR! It's all about states rights and they are being trampled like never before and it's getting worse every day!!!

Maybe if the states can't kill them, the next best step is to live trap, and release them in states whose representatives voted to keep them on the endangered list! Well--wait a minute that would be here. Sorry guys pathetic attempt at levity: 1) I didn't vote for them. 2) We've had them (wolves) for a bit officially, and for quite awhile unofficially. 3) I think I've made my position clear on this thread. 4) It's been my privilege to hunt all the states in the heart of the battle, and have hopes of doing so again.This issue matters to me. 5) They're spreading so fast now, they'll get there soon enough.

Broken record time, even if you don't live/hunt these states PLEASE step up and let your Federal Representatives know you support removing wolves from the endangered species list, and placed under state control. Then ask your State Representatives to make their views known to the Federal government.

I'm no lawyer, but has anyone ever heard of another case where a Judge gave one side legal advice? Shouldn't that demonstrate enough conflict of interest to recuse a Judge?

With the possibility of Malloy making a change to his ruling, after the ten anti groups made the agreement with the Federal Wildlife Service, there are still four other groups of anti's that removed themselves from the agreement that will continue the fight to keep them listed. Each and every one of us should write and call our senators and congressmen to continue the battle at the federal level to get them removed from protection, as they have been trying to do recently. The anti's will probably use the current negotiations with Malloy as another stall to get our reps to back off. We want them eliminated from federal protection under the Endangered Species Act totally. Then we can once again start eliminating them and chalk it off to a real bad and costly idea.

Gentlemen,
It has finally happened. The Sierra Club, who is one of the largest supporters of wolf propagation in the United States and the largest contributor of legal fees that fought in court to keep them has lost all of there ability to keep up there fight for wolves under the E.E.S. They were the largest of the four groups that wouldn't sign the agreement that would allow Judge Malloy to reverse his decision. Now they have lost everything. I just received a mailing from them asking for money and ilncluded with it were letters to Harry Reed and other congressional people to get them to push for the overturning of the bill just passed to remove wolves from the endangered species protection. I changed them to "Thank You" notes and sent them back in the postage paid envelopes that were provided. I also included in the postage paid envelope all of the other junk mail I received that day. They just don't get it. They have pushed this issue too far and have been exposed as an extremely radical group in the eyes of the public. Western Watersheds, (John Marvel of Marvel Comics group) has been handed the same fate. They are now seen for what they are, radical groups that just churn for money and don't do anything for habitat for animals.
Get it together Wyoming and you'll be hunting wolves with your buddies in Idaho and Montana this fall. In Idaho, we should have the dates, etc in the next month. I think they're going to allow e-calls!

The Montana FWP has a meeting this Thursday to discuss the proposed taking of up to 220 wolves this year in order to reduce the population by 25%. The plan will be finalized in July after a June public comment period.

The Montana FWP has a meeting this Thursday to discuss the proposed taking of up to 220 wolves this year in order to reduce the population by 25%. The plan will be finalized in July after a June public comment period.
Hi Topgun,
Well, it looks like we still might be killing some killers! I see where two of the anti groups just filed another suit trying to get this change stopped as being un-constitutional due to the Separate Powers Act. Their premise is that a lawsuit was pending and congress made this law to override the judicial branch. It's kind of a reverse in that before, a judge used his personal emotion to overrule facts the last time. I think we need to put a tracking collar on Malloy and give a tracking devise to the wolves after we dump Malloy off in the forest. This guy needs to be removed from the bench! Any how, it doesn't really matter as long as we can start controlling the **** things while we have any elk left.

Yep, Malloy is one of a number of jackwagons sitting on federal benches throughout the country that need to be removed for some common sense, although common sense doesn't seem to be very prevalent anywhere in the judicial system!!!

Boy, isn't that the truth. I don't know how in the heck we ended up with so **** many liberal judges sitting on our benches out West. I was always under the impression that the Federal Judicial System has a community standard that was supposed to be taken under consideration through a prior Supreme Court ruling. No standard here unless they think the majority is anti-hunting.

Boy, isn't that the truth. I don't know how in the heck we ended up with so **** many liberal judges sitting on our benches out West. I was always under the impression that the Federal Judicial System has a community standard that was supposed to be taken under consideration through a prior Supreme Court ruling. No standard here unless they think the majority is anti-hunting.

We are governed by Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego. They are the smart masses, we are the dumb hicks.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.