MT allows trapping!!!

Discussion in 'Wolf Hunting' started by threejones, Jul 13, 2012.

1. threejones

threejones Well-Known Member

Just heard that Montana will allow trapping for the up coming season. We've also upped the bag limit to- 1 with a bullet, and two more trapped (or all 3 trapped). They also did away with the quotas. It's refreshing to see FWP taking steps to propperly control em. KCFW (the local news) has a peice on it, I can't get the link right now, but you should be able to google it for more details. Come on up fellas, nothing says "I love you," to your wife for girlfriend, better than three wolf pelts!

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

That's a lie, you know very well we do not have wolves here in Montana! :rolleyes:

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I understand for PDs and coyotes an out of state license isn't necessary.

Is it that way for Woof's also????

If so, I'm in. If not . . . . . . after a little pondering, I'm in:D

BTW, it rained last night. I can start shooting again.:)

4. threejones

Ahhh... ummm... that was a typo. By "wolf," I meant "larger than usual coyote.":D

5. threejones

We finally got a little rain as well, of course we didn't need it quite as bad as you guys did. Aim small, shoot straight, and have some fun for me too! (today is a honey-do list day for me)

PS- I think you're supposed to have the out-of-state license for tree mutts... but not for big coyotes...:D

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Much better! :cool:

7. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Now we just need to get the legislature to allow us to shoot three also and lower the NR tag price, they should just give you a dog tag with each big game tag you buy. I've got a couple ranches lined up for trapping already so we'll see.

8. elktaxi1

elktaxi1 Well-Known Member

you guys need to check into the trapping real close if you dont have there class to get certified they will not allow you to get the extra 2 tags or allow you them on the trapping quota. and there is suposed to be almost 5000 people on the list for the classes