• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED MRI Mountain Eagle LH 30-06-MINT

NattyBumpoII

Guys:

I have a LH MRI Mountain Eagle 30-06 for sale that is in near mint, "barely "used" condition. I bot the ME in 1997 directly from Magnum Research Inc. in Minneapolis. The Kreiger barrel was given an abbreviated break-in procedure (as specified by Kreiger) and then sighted in with factory ammunition. It served as a backup rifle to my Darrel Holland custom 7 Mag and never needed on several Western hunts. It has sat in the back of the safe ever since and never fired; its time for a new home. This rifle has fired fewer than 50 rounds down the barrel. I honestly cannot find a mark on it anywhere.

Here are the specs as described in the MRI OEM brochure: Match grade, cut rifled, hand lapped Kreiger barrel. Barrel is free floating, 24" length and 1:10" twist. SAKO L691 action milled, drilled and tapped to REM 700 profile. One piece forged bolt and hinged floorplate of solid steel. Adjustable trigger. HS Precision Kelvar-Graphite stock with aluminum bedding block mated to action. Grey speckle paint job. High comb with recoil pad and sling swivels. Leupold QR matte bases and rings (I think they are mediums).

So, here is a almost new rifle suitable for all North American big game, "from mice to moose". And it comes with complete providence, which is very, very rare. I have all original paperwork plus original owners manual. Plus a couple of gun magazine reviews from '95-97 which convinced me to buy it.

The last MSRP on the Mountain Eagle was $2500. And it would take every bit of $2500 to duplicate it today. A SAKO L691 action would be $1200 or more, "IF" you could find it. A SAKO donor rifle would run much more. Then there's the barrel and stock, and gunsmithing, and wait times, etc etc. I'll let you guys do the math.

The price is $1500, shipped and insured from my FFL to yours, with tracking. It will be sent in a hard case inside of a CB shipping carton to fit. USPS Money Order or Certified Bank checks, only please. No trades needed. Ask any questions and thanks for looking.

MR%20Mountain%20Eagle%2006%20004.jpg