MPOD - 12.8oz installed LRH Suitable bipod

Mysticplayer

Len approved this post.

Been busy the last year developing a new bipod that will work very well for those looking for a more stable rest but not have alot of bulk. 12.8oz on the rifle and it can be made even lighter if you swap out the knobs and lever

Paul-AI-1.jpg

You can learn more about it here

IMG_5570.jpg

There are a variety of ways to mount this to a stock and we are able to offer custom spacings for larger and smaller stocks.

Hope you guys like it. Let me know...

Jerry

[youtube]mLAU_Bc5Wdw[/youtube]

Very cool idea! The way it slides on and off got me thinking, if it could mount up to a tripod like an outdoorsmans in the same fashion one could go from prone to sitting and standing in just seconds. Perhaps you guys could come up with your own tripod design. I've been trying to experiment with different setups to go from glassing off a tripod to shooting off the tripod in a quick, convienient, and stable manner. The way that mounts up is pretty slick!

Sometimes it's just awfully hard to beat simple and plain. I like the hell out of the design.

Maybe not the most practical in some hunting situations but from a blind, hide, or flat prone platform it's going to be real tough to beat.

One suggestion I'd make for the feet would be some light weight slip on grip pads and/or some with teeth to dig into dirt. Both could be accomplished with a hard (think tire tread) rubber.

If you could come up with a hinged model (one simple singe pin hinge on each side of the mount) so that the legs could be folded together for easy storage and carrying in the field and I think you could run away with the market.

Appreciate the kinds words and feedback.

We can make custom feet , front plates (different stock widths) and leg lengths.

Given the modular nature of the design, you can change various parts to suit. In the works are different plates to suit various stock widths (already make a 3" wide for big target stocks and final touches on a 2" for sporter stocks). Since all hardware spacing is the same, you can swap plates and have a different application.

Working on the assembly video which hopefully will be ready next week. Once you see how simple it is to put together, changing various components is entirely up to your imagination.

As for a hinged leg, well we already have something very similar.

The legs have 4 bolts per side which bolt into the leg spacer. We could easily make a through bolt for the top (hinge) and another on the bottom which would be easy to remove.

We would just weld nuts on one plate instead of bolting into the spacer. Spin out the bottom bolts, loosen the top, swing the legs in....

Prefer to pull the legs completely out of the central plate mount? we might even be able to find some QD hardware which can let you take apart to 3 major components (or just unscrew the 4 bolts). Fit inside a case 3"X2"X7" or there abouts. Way smaller footprint then a harris.

Weight would go up for the extra hardware but still only a couple of ounces more.

Voila, as the manf, not much we can't do for you. Custom work would not change the overall cost much

If interested, please give me a shout at [email protected] and we can fab up something for you.

Jerry

RoyinIdaho made one very similar which I tested out and killed several antelope at long range with it. I shot a couple of F-class 1000 yard matches with it. While the bipod was very accurate, it was not hunting friendly.

There is a picture of it in this story.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f26/oregon-trail-antelope-part-2a-24431/index2.html

A bipod needs to fit in a rifle case and to be amenable to carrying around in the field.

While many people shoot with a sliding bipod I mostly shoot with mine dug in.

A bipod needs to fit in a rifle case and to be amenable to carrying around in the field.

IMG_5611.jpg

Given the profile of the MPOD, it easily stores in my rifle case unlike most other Skipods on the market. The light weight isn't a chore either.

Will fit easily in most any hunting backpack assembled. If you want a smaller profile, you can take it apart further. Would break down into a package not much bigger then the average camera.

Whether for hunting or F class, being able to move it around is important and went into the design process early on.

Jerry

[youtube]vgJaHnYYhv8[/youtube]

Here is the ASSEMBLY Video.

Easy to put together and simple to change various parts to suit almost any end use.

Enjoy...

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.