Mounts and Rings (Weatherby TRR)

slocounty

Hello

I have a weatherby TRR (threat response rifle) .308, and a leupold Mark 4 10-16x40 scope. I have been trying to find the proper bases for this rifle, but being a newcomer, its becoming very confusing. The Weatherby TRR which has the Mark V action, doen't seem to have very many manufactures that make tactical bases and rings for the Mark V action. Im looking for a ring and base system that is equal to the nightforce, badger ordanance, or IOR system. I know bases for the winchester 70 don't work, Im not to sure about the remington 700 style. Nighforce says they offer bases for the weatherby, as well as the above actions. Ive tried leupolds std system were the front ring has a foot that fits into a hole of the front base, and you twist the ring in. I really didn't like it. Sorry if Im rambling, but If anybody knows of any manufacturer that makes solid tactical bases for Weatherby's Mark V action I would be extremly grateful.

The best bases for that rifle are made by Richard Near, check www.nearmfg.com

They are Picatinny spec, extremely well machined and things of beauty - fit like OJ's glove. They are spendy but absolutely the best (since Badger does not make mounts for Weatherby). Near bases and Badger Ordnance standard or medium height rings (either will work great).
smile.gif

www.badgerord.com

Richard Near contacted me on Saturday, and he's going to send me one of his mounting rails before purchasing it. If all goes well
Im also going to purchase some of his scope rings. Thanks for the information Ian.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.