Mountain Rifles Inc 30-378

hockeyman

Does anybody have any info on a 30-378 super mountaneer built by mountain rifle inc, I just purchased one and would like some info on them.

thanks
casey

I own a couple of 30-378's but they're SAKO M995s and fairly heavy but no brakes. The 30-378 does have a bit of recoil. You might want to use hearing protection.

Here's all I know about Mountain Rifle Inc. (just a web search).
https://store.bluebookinc.com/InstantAccess/Model.aspx?product=5&id=1267
http://www.icollector.com/images/1618/17521/17521_0819_1_lg.jpg
BBL: 26 inch round
Stock: composite
Gauge: 30-378
Finish: black
$3,750.00USD (sold at auction).

It looks like an ultra-light design. Is that what your's looks like? . What does yours weigh?

X2 on the hearing protection. I don't have a 30-378 but I do have a Accumark 338-378 and I wear plugs and muffs cause it is LOUD!!!

Recoil is reasonable but the report is off the chart.

that is what mine looks like without the thumb hole stock mine weighs 4.25 pounds without scope i have a swarovski 3x10 the total weight is 7lbs. i purchase weatherby ammo and it is to hot the casings get stuck so i wish i could find somebody who has one to fill me in on some reloading tips and tricks im very new to this big calliber hunting.

casey

They were made in palmer alaska by a man named Dan Campbell. Who was my uncle. I will try to find more info for you. My father has same rifle an has load for it a 160 grain I think movin at 4200 fps.

Hey Hockeyman
Im married to Dan Campbells daughter, I may have info your looking for by asking his wife. Let me know what you would like to know about your rifle and ill get that info for you.
Thanks Brian
gun)

Post some pics guys! And yes good to not hear a bunch of wimpering about recoil on a hunting rifle.

Brian

I work with hockyman, I'll get him that info thanks!
By the way, I was the one that had him look into those Mountain rifles Inc 30-378s what a work of art they are! The ultimate hunting rifle really, super lightweight and with that break he built it kicks like a .270 and with the concave ports on the break the sounds cancels itsself out when they hit limiting allot of the blast noise to a point. What a great find that rifle was for him!

Family and a friend bought four or the 30-378's from Dana ( some called him Dan I guess ) love these guns, light weight and very potent. The load we are shooting now was on the suggestion of Dana, which was to work up a load using the 140 gr lost river ballistic technologies bullets. They have a very high BC. Some say they are to light for elk but I have not lost one yet. Many elk taken between 500 and 800 yards. The load I settled on is using 113 gr of reloader 25. Getting 3940 fps on 3 of the guns and 3850 fps on one gun. These guns are awsome. they shoot VERY FAST and FLAT.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.