Mountain Lions Kill 2 Radio-Collared Wolves in Montana

Discussion in 'Wolf Hunting' started by TA1911A1, Jun 17, 2012.

1. TA1911A1

TA1911A1 Member

2. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Well-Known Member

Go lions !!!!

3. notellm

notellm Member

Seems to go both ways up here. The wolves are wicked smart and follow the lions taking there kills a high percentage of the time. Lions are killing wolves and wolves are killing lions......and most everything else they come in contact with. kinda scary when the game herds are so far down that its perdator versus perdator.

4. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

^^^ This! At least until Wyo finalizes the delisting.... then it's go me!

5. comfisherman

comfisherman Well-Known Member

Don't know a lot about game management, but when predators get to the point that they are killing enough of eachother to be noticed..... not a good sign.

Cougars killed most of the deer in the area surrounding my folks place, as the wolves move in we expect the elk to go away as well. Think we need to re introduce Ak peninsula moose in the lower 48 so we have a game animal bad ass enough to survive. And they are about as "natural" to the lower 48 as the canadian grey wolves.

6. threejones

threejones Well-Known Member

Now there's an awesome idea! Too bad that'll never clear FWP red tape. I'd love to have a bigger moose population down here, especially one that could hold its own against the mutts.

7. TrignJax

TrignJax Member

Not really a Lion lover myself, think we should be able to hunt them with dogs over in the POS state of WA, but to hear them taking on wolves which I dispise, is music to my ears!!!!!

8. mtntrapper1

mtntrapper1 Well-Known Member

GO LIONS!!!!

Grizz in Jellystone are following wolf packs. the biggest Griz in the the park are not all hibernating. A few are following the wolves, find them at a kill, chase off the pack, feed and sit on the carcass. No wolves dare to take on a BIG grizz. There was footage of this on some public TV, I saw it 2 years ago in the winter.

9. Damol

Damol Well-Known Member

But did they have tag's?

GO TEAM KITTY !

10. Gene R.

Gene R. Well-Known Member

Never hunted lions and never got a wolf while in B.C. but It just pizzes me off hearing no dogs or bait hunting regs. laws is some states by tree hugging bunny fluffers!
    Riddle me this? A lion hunts a wolf, a wolf hunts a lion, bears will follow wolves to a kill (bait), wolves will kill cubs maybe a bear, BUT! humans can't use a dog to hunt lions, bears, bait etc. Are dogs not related to wolves and predators attracked to dead shit in the wilderness? WTH is their thought process!!!!!!!!!!! God help us and this country!

I feel better now , go about your day and keep your arms in the ride at all times, thank you.

Gene

11. jt77

jt77 Well-Known Member

There should be a BOUNTY of ALL wolves!.

12. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy Well-Known Member

Amen!!!

Im seriously thinking about strickly hunting wolves this year. I cant honestly go another year with
    out at leasting tagging one wolf. Now if we could get everyone to do this we'd be getting some where.

They need to get grizzlies off the protected list also, way to many around these parts.

Last year we also noticed that the grizzlies arent hibernating due to all the dead deer and elk carcasses lying around. Two big ol bors were together all last hunting season and were taking peoples elk all season. Even after just one shot they would come running. The fwp was actually replacing peoples tags that had problems with them.

13. CastleRocker

CastleRocker Active Member

Wow! Not a big fan of cougars; went to the U of Idaho, WSU (the cougars), is a close neighbor/rival. However I'd like to see a cat kill a wolf.

Unfortunately, I'd still have to see it in person to believe it. We used to run hounds, and three good sized, experienced hounds will kill a cat. On the flip side, a good friend of mine who guides cats/bears in Idaho has lost three dogs now to the wolves.

If a hound can kill a cat, and a wolf can kill a hound...it would take a big old tom and a young inexperienced wolf to turn out that way. Dogs chase cats for a reason.

14. 300 Win Mag

300 Win Mag Member

Non predatory game animals may be down in the area, I don't know, but predators competing with one another is the most natural condition imaginable and not an indication of anything.