Moral Dilemma...

My issue is not with price. It is with the underhanded crap that he is pulling to charge that price. Walmart is not a wholesaler. They are retail, and admirably still only charging $25 a pound. My problem lies with no one but this one guy being able to buy powder at that price because he gets inside info from a Walmart employee then sends his crew in to buy everything out. It makes it impossible to get powder at the only place in town to buy it. They get their shipment at 2:00, it is on the shelf at 2:15 and his people show up at 2:30 to get it... It's not right.

I'd take it up with the General Manager of the place (not the Sporting Goods Manager).

My local store is $30.99 or $32.99 for Hodgdon and Alliant powders.

Still around $55-$60 for Vihtavuori powder, which is why I won't shoot any of it to try, because I'm not paying double what it's worth, because it has a fancy name and comes from Finland and is owned by Lapua, and most of the dumb hicks around my area don't know any better, anyway. :cool:

Next time I order from Grafs or 3rd Gen, I'll order a lb of Viht for $30-35 vs the local $60 pricetag.

Are you implying that they are out back grinding charcoal and mixing in sulfur and making their own???

H&A come from Australia. Those blokes in Oz make good powder....

If he's selling on Craigs list I doubt seriously that he is collecting or paying sales tax and I would bet he's not paying tax on the income generated, just sayin'

Guy I work with brought this up as well. Good thought. We'll see how far I have to take things...:D

Good call! If I'm not mistaken OR has no sales tax, but the federal govt frowns on tax evasion.

There were a lot of bullet, ammo, and primer resellers around here during the height of the panic. Now that supply is easing up some, something interesting is happening. Ads are staying up for months at a time, prices are dropping, and these A-holes are sitting on piles of inventory they can't sell. Would I rather buy my stuff in a retail store, or meet some no-name Internet freakshow in a parking lot somewhere? Not a hard question to answer, assuming the stuff is in stock somewhere...

There are a bunch of "smart" entrepreneurs that have learned a hard lesson on holding inventory and tying up working capital. I hope your A-hole learns the same lesson.

PS it is not advisable to post your intentions to mess with people on the Internet. You'd better hope no one finds this dude tied up in his basement wearing a ball gag and a "punch me, I'm a DB" blouse and matching miniskirt. If so, you'll have some splainin' to do!:D

Conversely Mr. Powell, you could take a day off from your job, be at the Wallyworld at 2:15 pm and suck up every cannister of powder available and then sell it to the culprit at an inflated price....

Sort of tit for tat.

I still think stuffing potatoes up his exhaust pipe(s) is the best answer. A firm spud shoved in an exhaust pipe (and pushed in a ways with a stick) is a no start situation for any gasoline powered engine and you can't see it by looking.

I know, I got even with someone years ago with a potato and a stick. It's a ****er.

Are you implying that they are out back grinding charcoal and mixing in sulfur and making their own???

H&A come from Australia. Those blokes in Oz make good powder....

No, I'm saying most people in my area are stupid and don't know what Vhitavuori is anyway...It's been on the shelves this whole time. I assume they think it's black powder or something, because when all the SHTF BP & Viht were the only things left on the shelves. LOL

Great plan... But I have a job. I don't own a giant store and sit around with my feet on my desk ordering people around. I got stuff to do. And I dont get the magic call when the stuff comes in...

....but you allude to the fact that you have a good idea when the booty arrives. Take an early quit an d boogie over there, CC in hand and buy it out.

Then you can be classified as a 'hoarder' too.

No, I'm saying most people in my area are stupid and don't know what Vhitavuori is anyway...It's been on the shelves this whole time. I assume they think it's black powder or something, because when all the SHTF BP & Viht were the only things left on the shelves. LOL

So, I take it that the show 'Duck Dynasty' is really reality TV. Kind of scary in a way.

....but you allude to the fact that you have a good idea when the booty arrives. Take an early quit an d boogie over there, CC in hand and buy it out.

Then you can be classified as a 'hoarder' too.

There is no telling when it comes in. I know when it came in one time from talking to one of the employees who was just as ****ed about it as I am. It comes in at total random. The only way to beat the guy to it is to get real lucky or have somebody from walmart call you... Ya dig?

So, I take it that the show 'Duck Dynasty' is really reality TV. Kind of scary in a way.
Yeah, we got alot of "speshul" people around here. Most of which can't friggin drive, but they get issued DL's anyway.

And no, they're not all idiots, just a good majority of them. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts