Moose Hunting

Sikadog

I live and hunt in the UK I have been hunting deer for 23 years and have enjoyed every day as if it was the first one.

My passion now, is to hunt a Moose, and need as much advice as I can possibly get.

Where, when, how, the best place to hunt, the cost, and any other information you guys can give me.

With thanks.

I would consider as swap.

I would focus on Canada, or Alaska. I think there is more opportunity in Canada, less costly too. If you do come over for a hunt keep other opportunities in mind, grouse, fishing, wolves, etc..

I'd think it would be easiest to just borrow a gun once you got to the destination. I'm sure one could bring one after jumping through a bunch of hoops.

The only State in the lower 48 I can think of may be Maine for an easier tag. The little bit of moose hunting in the Western States is a very lower number draw hunt.

Maine moose is by lottery.If you get on the computer just go to Maine Moose lottery. I am not sure when the cut off date is for this year hunt , but it's close.If you get picked the average price is around $2000.00 for a six day hunt.You can go as high as $5000.00.but thats for the fancier places.Between the moose permit and hunting license that going to be close to $700.00.There are three season.The first is the last week of Sept and thats bull only .The second week of October is bull and cow.The third week is cow only.If you do apply I think the best zones are 2,3,1,5 and 6 in that order.Hope that helped

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.