Monte Carlo cheekpiece or not?? Which to get?

I'm going to order me a stock for my new build, but I'm stumped. I've never had a stock with a raised cheekpiece, and was wondering how one would affect my shooting? I like both the McMillan hunter, and also the McMillan rem sporter. How do I know which one i will need?

I've heard the scope matters, and I plan on running a vortex viper 4-16x44 in Med or high rings.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: Monte Carlo cheek piece or not?? Which to get?

I'm going to order me a stock for my new build, but I'm stumped. I've never had a stock with a raised cheek piece, and was wondering how one would affect my shooting? I like both the McMillan hunter, and also the McMillan rem sporter. How do I know which one i will need?

I've heard the scope matters, and I plan on running a vortex viper 4-16x44 in Med or high rings.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Monte Carlo cheek piece.s are designed to help position the head up rite and in alignment with the scope. if designed correctly they can also reduce check bruising on hard kicking rifles.

Buy the stock and then decide which ring hight you need (You should be looking through the scope center without repositioning your head for best results.

A correctly fitting stock can definitely improve ones shooting.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.