montana varmits

ghesselt

I am new to Montana and would like to know where to go for varmits. Prarie dogs mainly but sage rats (if they are around) would be fine as well. I am from Oregon and Christmas Valley, Fort Rock were a regular weekend trip. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard and to he Beautiful state of Montana too.

Pairie dogs are scarce around where I live but it's not hard to find a gopher field.

Where are you located?

Jeff

Thank you for the welcome. I am in Billings. I joined a local gun club here so I can shoot. The first person I met at the range asked me right out of the get go if I brought Oregons politics with me. I had to laugh of course NO was my answer. I hope it never gets to Montana.

Welcome aboard! I'm just east of you 145 miles in Miles City. There are millions of them in the area (p-dogs) from here north to Malta. There should be some decent populations north of you around Roundup and then east towards Jordan. Most ranchers around that have them are more than willing to have you shoot them...they are a nuisance, and really good target practice!

Welcome to Montana..... My son just moved back here (ALASKA) due to the wolf increase and the elk decrease. He thought Alaska was strict on land use / trespass laws until he got to Montana. Obey the rights of the landowners and keep the laws and enjoy. Keep your powder dry.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.