Montana to North Dakota

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by WnMag, Dec 5, 2010.

1. WnMag

WnMag Member

Born and raised in North West Montana, "Mission Valley". Been hunting Elk and Deer sice i was 8, with my dad. Recently chaged ocupations and moved to North Dakota to drive truck in the oil fields.
    I found this form when I was reserching the .204 I just bought. It is a Kimber Pro Varmit.

2. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

Welcome to ND, as you can see the game isn't as plentiful. But the jobs are.

Brent

3. WnMag

WnMag Member

Thanks blipelt,
    I think the trees and mountains are more scarse here than anything.:) There seems to be plenty of varmits to shoot! I have been here almost 11 months now and its not to bad.

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

I've had several friends go to NortDakota for work, it's even got me interested a little but I don't think I could leave MT again, well Alaska maybe :D

5. 405win

405win Well-Known Member

Hi WnMag, I have a friend who lived here in Plains MT move to ND for work this year.
    He tells me that the coyote hunting is pretty good in NW ND. Best of luck to you there.

6. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

I know of a number of people who are working the oil here in ND and living elsewhere. Good $ but hard to get a place to hang the hat without wheels under it.
    Just be quiet while working so you don't scare off all the mule deer.:)

7. str8shoot

str8shoot Well-Known Member

Me too. I can't really go more than a week or two without mountains. Hopefully the mild winter helps a little with the game numbers in the eastern MT, Dakota areas.