Montana LR Shooting Opportunities

Augustis

Unless you are a paid Sponsor you may not do anything on the site designed primarily to promote your own business.

You may not link to any commercial non-Sponsor website in your signature. You may not include the name of any non-Sponsor business in your signature or in your Public Profile including the HomePage found there. This rule applies whether or not you are the owner of the business. You may not have a User Name that promotes your business (Bill's Accurate Guns). You may not post a message that is for the purpose of promoting your business with either text or pictures. Non-Sponsors may post replies of a helpful nature that involve topics related to their trade or type of business in response to requests for such general information from other members. Non-Sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may post "PM Sent" or "email sent" and the conduct their business off line.

Augustis: I will PM you concerning this matter which I know is just a misunderstanding about site rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sir, that is my shooting partner Joe. He is one of the best spotters that a LR marksman could ever ask for ;O)

Aug ><>

... Not to mention handy on a trigger himself !!

Joe, always stirring the pot! I expect we will hook up and burn some powder together anyway, Its all good Bro!

Aug ><>

What?Me stirring the pot,no way.

How's things Ed? Haven't heard from you for a while.

Aug,
The next shoot is 24th and 25th at AR correct? Did you get any more extreme range targets in? Gotta love those heavy guns.
If the shoot doesn't go I've got new steel in at 2600 to warm up and out to 3005 yards. You might have to come this direction instead,you won't even have to pull a horse trailer:rolleyes:.Didn't get a chance to shoot it though, Kestrel read peak gust at 68 mph that day so not much shooting. Lots of steel,that makes over 60 targets.
I'll get a hold of Smokin99 and see what he's doing that weekend.Maybe we will get enough shooters to make this one go.

Later,
TRGR

Randy,
Email or pm Augustis, He will get you all the info on his shoot. We just finished up last weekends shoot Sunday. Wasa great time and saw some new faces all of which were ringing steel past 1000 yards after a bit of data development on Saturday morning.
Next shoot is toward the end of june but Augustis can tell you the dates for sure. As far as info the targets are all steel except for initial zero at 100 if you don't have it allready.
Ranges for standard long gun are from about 150 yards to 1200 yards over a course of seven fire positions within about 1 mile.
There are some longer opportunities if you have the scope travel to shoot them or just play around with holdovers which will get you to almost 2000 yards with more extreme range targets being added when we have had the time to get them set up.
Anyway,lots of fun and a good place to refine your longrange ability in "real world" type conditions not just known distance punching paper.

augustis trgrman,

where do you hold these shoots? i shoot 1000 yard br at missoula, but my first love is the type of shooting you all are doing. i spend a ton of time on the east side as well, and would like to come check your shoot out. i am an officer of our br club so i HAVE to be there for our shoots, but i would like to hear more about what you are doing.
tom

Tom,
They are held at Augustis's ranch near Ryegate. It's actually south of Barber but I suspect most have never noticed where Barber is.

Trgrman

Tom
The next informal shoot date is June 26th & 27th. If you are interested in more details you can email me at: [email protected]

The group size will be limited to 12, of which it appears potentially only 8 slots are left for this month.

Aug ><>

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.