montana HD 560

htime8

Hello everyone
I was just wondering if anyone has ever hunted HD 560 south of big timber along the boulder creek drainage or along bridger creek road. We plan on trying to get out there to scout the area out before season but just thought I would ask you guys what to expect. We haven't decided if we are going to take a camper or hike back into an area and set up camp. A couple of question I would have are....

#1 are there alot of wolves in the area
#2is this a grizzly area
#3is the area over run with people during hunting season

We normally hunt idaho or wyoming so this will be a completely new experience for us. Any information, stories or advice would be great.

Thanks
Jason

I have not hunted Unit 560, but I have hunted unit 316, just south of there, we did a drop camp and we got one bull, but the area has been hit hard with the wolves. We saw one elk, the one I harvested, I got a nice 6 point.

There were both wolves and Griz in the area we were hunting in, we left from the Boulder trail head and went in about 12-15 miles on horse back and spent a week in there, beautiful country and in 316 you can hunt with a rifle during the rut with a general tag. Season opens on Sept 15 (or it did the year we went, check regs.) Good luck up there

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.