Montana guy needs some advice!!

infidel 811

hey guys. I was wondering if any of you do any long range shooting 1000 yards or more. either on steel or game. i'm looking to get "back" into the sport.. carried a m14 in service but that's not even close to where I would like to be shooting now... I could make the 500yard shots no issues. but its a lot diff at longer ranges. I pretty much am looking for a refresher class or friend to help me with this process. or a few guys to go out and shoot with. focus on key fundamentals, from basic to advanced. or is it best I go to a long range shooting school? if so anything kinda local to Bozeman/Livingston? I have the $ and my wife im sure would like to do the same. along with reloading (know nothing about) and a hoopty rifle that I have now (savage 110 7mm) older rifle. im having my rifle being built in a few months(completion) from deaddownrange.com ( custom 300 winmag) any advice would really help me out. or is there another elk hammer I should go with? caliber? thanks to all!

Rifle build to start soon...
300 win mag
custom 27" heavy fluted w/ DE brake
custom 700 action w/flutes
timney trigger
Greybull stock
detach mag.
all bedded and trued. 2600$

or is there another route I need to take?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.