monkey pox

gonzo exspress

what do you guys thing about this? heard on the news that prarie dogs are carring this disease several people have it. I think, what next????
shocked.gif

buster, We got some people sick up here when they bought them from a pet store in Chicago, my wife said some were sold here in Wausau also, some kinda virus that started in Africa. Another good reason for shootin' dem little buggers. Sod, my Burris scope is treating me pretty good, last Wed. got a .085" 4 shot group with my 223, I'm tellin' ya, got to get one, they get the job done. Later, Jay

First they brought AIDS now monkey pox!!!!
Hey Jay whas that the load with the 335???
Nice groups there!!!

The articles I have read indicated that this virus is only in store bought PD's at this time. Unless these animals are released into the wild, the problem will stay small and localised.

The virus was transmitted when "domestic" PD (don't even think these are North American) were placed too close to infected animals in the store. I guess customs will have to do a better job of checking for infectous diseases in imported animals.

Let's hope that they can quarantine these pets and keep them out of the wild.

Jerry

Thats funny that you are talking about this as I just saw a deal on the news tonight about a guy in texas selling PD's for pets. The news said he was getting up to $1000 from some customers in California. Crazy!!!

I wouldn't trust them, especially after shooting them and not long after watching another go start eating on his dead buddy.

MTBA, you beat me to it. My wife use to work in a family owned pet store. After just a few short months, she said no amount of money would get her to work in another. Lots of rashes, itching, and sinus problems.
AND yes they all went away after quitting.
halfbreed

Maybe Customs could do something really novel and stop allowing the importation of ANY foreign animal or plant. After all, they don't vote...
rolleyes.gif
YET.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.