Moly removal from bullets

steelersfan

I have several hundred Nosler Ballistic tips in 7mm and 30 cal that were coated by Georgia Precision that I want the moly taken off of. What is the best way to get this done, I know that they have the wax coating over the moly. I tried trading them for plain bullets but that didn't work so my next attack is to remove the moly. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All I have to say is good luck. If properly applied (and I'm sure it was) it is next to impossible to get off!! I've tried tumbling and Dawn soap and neither worked.

Vibratory tumbling has worked for me. I think I was using walnut shell media at the time but I'm not sure.

The only moly that is real HARD to remove is the stuff that's baked on. It's easier to just shoot the moly off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would try to sell them over on 24 hour where some of the guys don't know any better. If you don't want to be responsible I would hide them in your garbage and let the dump deal with them.

Not sure what you mean by "trading them for plain didn't work" but if the weights are right I would be interested in sending you plain in exchange for moly. You don't live that far away from me here in CO so shipping shouldn't be too costly. If you are still interested in trading, list the weights and quantities and I'll pay for shipping both ways since having them moly did cost you something over plain bullets.

I have been out of town and haven't checked the Emails but I have a approx 200 of the 25 caliber 115gr ballistic tips, approx 300 of the 30 caliber 165 grain ballistic tips and approx 200 of the 30 caliber 180 grain ballistic tips. I say approx because I had removed them from the boxes and put them in rubbermaid containers when they came back from being coated. I can count them for a more accurate count if your are interested. I will be gone for a few days but will check the computer when I get back.

358 STA, I went ahead and got a more accurate count. I have 184rds of moly 25 caliber 115gr ballistic tips that I would exchange for 150rds of plain 25 caliber 100 gr ballistic tips. I have 273rds of moly 30 caliber ballistic tips in 165gr and 234rds of 180gr that I would exchange for 500rds of plain 30 caliber 165gr ballistic tips. I double checked and all of the moly work was done by Georgia Precision. Let me know if you are interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.