Moly Bullet question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by royinidaho, Aug 22, 2006.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Made a good deal yesterday, I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nosler 250gr Patitions for 12 bucks and Combined Technology 200gr balllistic silvertips for 7 bucks.

The Partitions are good no question probably.

The CTs however are moly coated. If I shoot some of them can I get the moly out of the bore??????

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

That is an awsome deal if just the oartitions alone.

The CT Ballistic tips are not coated with moly , they woulden't tell me exactly what it was but they said it
    WAS NOT moly , but they could be shot in a moly "seasoned" bore interchangeably with moly bullets.
    I know a few guys that have said that the barrels are harder to clean after shooting thses than after regular moly bullets.

Any how cleaning the moly out isin't a big deal just a little scrubbing with JB and your done or they make a few cleaning solvents just for moly shooters.
    either way I doub;t that you will have any adverse ill effects from shooting them.

I saw a 200lb hog flipped over and the front end destroyed after being shot with a 200gr Ballistic tip from a 338 Lapua improved at 300yds. the exit was the size of a softball and all the lungs and heart was liquid.

3. col48

col48 Well-Known Member

hi
    the coating on the combined technology hunting ballistic silver tips
    is called lublox.
    i shot them for a a bit and found them good,but mine had to have about 5 or 6 through her before she shot to her full potential.
    thanks
    Colin

4. 41mag

41mag Well-Known Member

I have and still do shoot moly coated bullets in a couple of rifles. I have never had any major problems getting it out, but as Colin mentioned, they sometimes take a few rounds more to settle down.

I simply clean using the same proceedures only give a few more sweeps with the brush.

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Thanks guys