Modifying Nightforce turrets

Cool idea. I am a lifetime member of the "One revolution off" club with my Nightforce scope -- back in 2005. :D

I like the idea, what you could do on turret under neath is just mark w, dab of paint, finger nail polish etc, without dimple, then just rub of with goof off, if you need to change, I drill dimpled top outside edge of myt cds dial so I COULD GLANCE DOWN AND see zero

This is an OUTSTANDING modification.
It's simple and can readily be reference's in the field.

I let a friend? checkout my Leupold scope during a hunt several years ago to see how the come ups worked. I failed to ensure that the turret was reset to my zero.
Later that afternoon I missed a large 4x4 Buck Mule Deer at 250yds. I never had a chance for a follow up shot. I was lost for words. After sitting down and questioning why I had missed an easy routine shoot. I checked the setting on my scope. It was set for 700yds. I had shot over that 4x4.

I wrapped dental floss around the base of the turret up to my zero.

Your modification is far superior and permanent.

As a side note I've converted over to NF NSX scopes on all of my LR Rifles.
The quality is in adverse hunting conditions has improved greatly.

I highly recommend the purchase of NF scopes.

A friend bought a Huskemaw and we're waiting for it's arrival for testing and comparison.

Thank you
Gonzo

Mike
Today for an additional cost $$$ you can have the zero stop installed. I purchased my scopes before this option was available. However, I'd rather spend the extra money to buy a quality wind meter or more bullets.
The modification gives us shooters more choices and another person's take on making the shooting experience more enjoyable.
Hope this helped.
Gonzo

Mike
Today for an additional cost $$$ you can have the zero stop installed. I purchased my scopes before this option was available. However, I'd rather spend the extra money to buy a quality wind meter or more bullets.
The modification gives us shooters more choices and another person's take on making the shooting experience more enjoyable.
Hope this helped.
Gonzo
yes it makes sence now thanks for sharing.
mike

cool mod thanks for sharing.

here is what i do with my nxs scopes:
I simply count the lines under the turret that are visible when I'm at my zero point. then i use a label maker to print an easy to read black with white background sticker that i trim down and place on the top of the scope. Now, whenever i think i may be off i have the reference number to know where i need to be.

hope that makes sense...

Cool, and very handy ideea.
I read one simmilar post around six mo. ago on LRH, and I did the same think.
Works like a charm.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.