Modified A-5L stock for Lawton 8000

Joel Russo

For you guys building rifles with Barney Lawton's 8000 action, here is a pic of the "Modified A-5L" stock we designed just for that action.

The brown stock next to it is a standard A-5L inletted for the Rem 700 Long action.

The Modified stock in the pic is on it's way to Kirby Allen.

[image]
IMG_03682.jpg
[/image]

Very nice, will post many more pics when I get that big barreled action in that stock.

Just curious, whats the weight on that stock and do you have any way to lighten it if requested, forend vents or something of that nature.

Alot of guys, including myself love the warmth of wood but they are very heavy, anything you can do about that?

Look forward to working with you and that project!!

Kirby Allen(50)

i've seen quite a few of these stocks that Joel has produced and they're all first class.this "grown up" A-5 is just another one of many he has to offer.i wish everyone could see all of the different configurations of stocks he has.and to me they are definitely a big step above the Richards and Boyd's, not to mention all of the customizing he does.yeah they're a bit heavier, but what a platform for a long range rig.i'll take these laminates over the composites any day.

screech... [email protected] 717-805-0940

Kirby.. I did'nt put that stock on the scale, but I imagine it's about 5 lbs. There are a few places that you could take some weight off it, but I really would'nt compromise the intergrity of the stock for a few ounces here and there. In fact, after you bed the barreled action and send it back to me, I'm probably going to insert a 1/2" aluminum rod in the grip area of this stock for strength since you are going to hang a heavy barrel on it. I just did one like that for OverBore's stock and it turned out nice.

Joel just finished the above stock he referenced which is on the way to "Edgeville" for Shawn to use. This stock has a steel rod in the wrist and the 3" wide flat foreend designed for prone /rest shooting or bi-pod field uses. Dave Kiff is working out a vented barrel block for this stock which will give Joel's great stock simplified and secure bedding plus cooling. Pix is now under Basics starting out-stocks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Overbore

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts