Model 70 7mm wsm BM and DBM

MuyGrande

I have a winchester model 70 wsm short action. Hoping to make it in to a long range hunting 7mm wsm. I am wanting to use this as a repeater with 180gr vlds. Is there any box mags or detachable box mags I can use with a model 70 short action so I can seat those long bullets out to optimum length? I would rather just have a box mag but would take any that would work. I see alot of things out there for SA 700s but not much for winchester. Thanks for any info on this or any info on 7mm wsm builds would be appreciated.

I would look at companies like Badger Ordnance or Surgeon. They make some bottom metal that might work with your rifle. CDI may be another company that could help you out. Welcome to LRH!:D

Tank

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if I can get a seekins wsm dbm for a model 70 short action? Or any other way to get a 7mm wsm oal of around 3.1 in my SA model 70 as a repeater?

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if I can get a seekins wsm dbm for a model 70 short action? Or any other way to get a 7mm wsm oal of around 3.1 in my SA model 70 as a repeater?

All you could do is look on the Seekin's site, and call if you can't find anything. Try midwayusa.com too. Look in the gunsmithing section.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.