Model 12 savage

filledandfree

HI, I have a pre-accutrigger savage model 12/112 in .223 Remington. It has a 26" stainless barrel and bolt handle. Does anyone know the twist rate on this rifle?

I have a similar BVSS rifle with a carbon reciever and stainless barrel (pre accutrigger) and mine is 1-9

but you should be able to measure your barrel to know what it is for sure (I think savage did 1-9 and 1-12 twist 223 barrels)

get a tight fitting patch and jag and push it in to near the muzzle, then take some masking tape and marker and put a piece of tape near the handle of your rod and mark the 12 oclock position, take another piece of tape and wrap your cleaning rod at the rear of the action. Then pull the rod out towards the breech until the mark makes a full revolution and is back at 12 oclock, put another wrap of tape on your cleaning rod at the rear of the action there. Remove the rod completely and measure the distance between your 2 tape wraps. that will give you 1 twist in X inches.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts