mod 1200 lyman powder dispenser and scale

I actually just bought one about a week ago with my tax return check at Wal-Mart. I have sat down and loaded quite a few shells with it so far. It is the most awesome thing. Directions and set up is simple. Anyone who can read can do it. After that, you simply type in how many grains you want it to throw for you and you press enter and watch it quickly dispense and slowly start to trickle at the end grain by grain to the exact amount. It will load a 100 shells in 35 minutes. It is a very good investment if you dont like sitting at the bench for hours weighing each charge by the spoonfull like I used to. I highly reccommend this product.

remman 25 06, I have read somewhere that most of the electronic scale/measure powder dispensing systems are not as accurate as they claim to be. I have looked hard at them but never had a chance to mess with one. Have you measured, with a separate scale, any of the charges thrown with this unit? I'm curious as to how accurate they really are.

Rem,

Is that what they call the Lyman Digital Power System?

Claims +/- 0.001 grain accuracy. If its that accurate and as fast as you say it would beat my process using scale and B&M measure and trickler. Am getting pressure from cohort to get one. Seems that a couple of hundred cabela points are burning a hole in the pocket.
rolleyes.gif

Ive got one on order and can't wait for it to get here!!!

If theresomething hate more than case prep it's wieghing charges as I'm normally loading differnt charges for development or calibers...

Due to the uneven electiricity supply where I live, if I use a scale hooked up to the DC adapter it burns them out(more like if I leave it hooked up overnight).

This scale is the last digital I'm going to buy and I want to be careful with it.
Batteries are not a viable option do to the cost of having to replace them so often...

Rem, have you verified it's accuracy with a second scale?

I have some weights and an RCBS beam scale that I want to use to check it with.

Have had a DPS since they came out, no problems but let it do its warm up cycle. Have compared it to a Lyman 1000 scale that have had for a long time, they read the same, got rid of balance beam scale long time ago and havent looked back. Should state too, have checked both scales against various check weights and had no problems. The thing I really like about the DPS system is I don't have to "settle" for powders that throw "nice"
cool.gif

EXPRESS, get yourself a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and plug your stuff into it. They will keep the electricy at a constant level and should solve your problems.

I have had one for 6 Months and I love it. I have also used another and it worked great too.

Much better than the Pact/RCBS (Both made by Pact). I have owned and both of them.

Walmart carries them if you can find one with the Reloading Section in it. I hate to buy stuff there but they had a price of $230.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.