Mobile 25 Foot Height Shooting Platform

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by CircleA76, Oct 30, 2011.

1. CircleA76

CircleA76 New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
  2. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Very cool!

3. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Wind in Wyoming would scare me being that high ! Grin ....

neat setup though !

4. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

I was thinking there should be some kind of outriggers. Just a safety conscience thought. Cool idea though. Lord knows how many times I could have used something like that. The only problem is that you can't shoot off of, our out of a vehicle in PA. Wonder if something like this applies? Maybe mount it on a trailer???

Tank

5. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that would not be legal in my state...shooting out of or off of a motor vehicle.

But...way cool!!

6. CircleA76

CircleA76 New Member

I'm sorry if you thought this was an advertisement. This is a truck that our ranch (Circle A Ranch in Archer County, Texas) paid TerraHawk to have modified into a mobile hunting platform rig.....I am not selling anything.

I posted about the truck because in using this truck to deer hunt, I am intrigued by learning to shoot greater distances that are provided by this elevated platform. Most normal deer blind hunting I've experienced are from much shorter distances. Sorry again if this seemed like an advertisement....thanks for the info your forum provides.

7. CircleA76

CircleA76 New Member

FYI, this unit is leveled by hydraulic levels extending from the base of the truck that take the vehicle suspension out of play. Those levelers literally lift the truck up on their own, so the body weight of the truck grounds the unit down to a very stable platform.

The hydraulic scissor lift of the truck is a Snorkle lift and is very robust too. I've had it up in 20 to 30 mile plus wind guests and very little movement at all. The commercial law enforcement version that this TerraHawk company makes is safety rated to be deployed in sustained wind conditions over 40 miles per hour.

As far as shooting game from a vehicle, in Texas it's legal so long as it is not on a public road, within your own ranch it is legal...however this is really more of a stationary elevated blind when you are shooting from it.

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for my understanding!

9. BH107

BH107 Well-Known Member

My company actually built some of the suspension components for that truck. It's nice to actually see the final product. Hope it's working well for you.

10. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

LOL! I guess we understood the same thing!