moa's to mil's (conversion)

Re: moa\'s to mil\'s (conversion)

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I could get in on some shoots like that. You boys in the East have several shooting competitions, and the rest of you out West, well you have wide-open plains. I feel lucky in East TX to have a chance this year to have a chance to hunt where ranges exceed 200 yards. The farthest I can shoot at a known distance is 535 yards, but I hope to change that with a 20 MOA base on my 300 SAUM and a Swaro or Leica laser range finder. Then I can strech my legs on a power line where by conservative estimates, I can engage targets out to 1k if the landowner permits. The only downside is I have to wait until after deer season is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas has the most tactical matches!

Check out snipershide.com forums -- the snipershide cup is at Rifles Only in TX in march

also check out tac-pro shooting center.

JB

thanks JB i do appreciate the help...i read all i can read about it so we will see how bad we can get our butts kicked.. none of us have ever shot any matches like this one and none of us have ever ranged with scope the distances. we just click with our rangefinders /dope em and drop em..lol... we are coming for the fun and the learning experience... i do believe most of us will be shooting magnums... but not sure yet... hope to see you there.. dunno which weekend we will be there yet but will know sometime shortly i presume...thanks again...
Brien

Texas is huge, but I'll check into it. Being a full-time student in a doctoral program does not make it easy to participate in events like that either.

Thanks for the info.

No offense, but for me Rifles Only is useless. There is no way in hell I'm going to buy 750 rounds of factory ammo or go somewhere where my shortmag is not welcome. I understand liability and all fluently, but they exclude too many things for me to be interested at all in their services. It appears more to me to be a city slickers convention. Just my opinions.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.