MOA vs. MIL

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Jon Jackoviak, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

If you had a choice between a MOA/MOA scope or a Mil/Mil scope which one would you choose?

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

MOA all the way...:D gun)-------------------------------------------------------------

3. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

I'm with Broz
    MOA

4. Topshot

Topshot Well-Known Member

Moa/moa

5. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Moa/moa

6. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

Jon, do you hold any influence with Leupold or their custom shop?

7. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

Sorry no I do not.

Since everyone likes the MOA/MOA. What kind of MOA lines do you like or what would you like to see? Large One MOA line with .5MOA in between, Large two MOA with 1 MOA in between, etc.

Do you like an Illuminated or no Illuminated reticle?

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

The large 2 moa's with a short 1 moa's btween sound good. Also since we are talking reticles I LOVE the floating dot on the IOR MP-8 dot reticle.

Although I have never used it in a hunting situation, I like the illuminated ret. and I think Nightforce did an awesome job concealing it. I prefer that to the wart on the eye piece look.

Jeff

9. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

i like 1 moa with .5 moa in between like the NP-R1

10. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

mil/mil and I really like the TMR WHERE THE CROSS hair doesnt touch @ center, can aim at a bullet hole or a target dot easy

11. Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote Well-Known Member

MOA/MOA with 1 MOA increments on the horizontal and the same vertical but with 1/2 MOA subtensions.

12. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

A year ago I would have said MOA/MOA & spit on the rest... But I have to admit, Tinkeritis flared up again:rolleyes: I'm running Mil/Mil TMR on my 338. The TMR rocks & Mil/Mil isn't all that bad, the one down side I think is going to bite me is my shooting/hunting partner runs MOA/MOA, calling shots between us is going to be interesting....

If I had to choose again?? Might have just stuck with MOA/MOA... but where's the fun in that?

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Outlaw, No disrestect ment by this question at all, but for my own understanding of both systems could you please tell me to what distance you usually shoot / practice?

Thenks man

Jeff

14. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Broz,

Nothing wrong with an honest question, luckily my family owns a ranch so I get to free roam as much as I like. I do have a 1000yd range over looking an alfalfa field with stationary targets @ 500 & 1000 with several smaller dongs for placing in between (I used to be a welder by profession). All of my shooting takes place from 0-1000, most of which falls 750 & in. I would like to say I am proficient in ELR practices, but that just isn't true:) I do have the room, but I don't have the time... Funny how that works:rolleyes:

I'm just starting with the Mil/Mil system, as my last post stated, I do see some issues moving forward... we'll see.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011