MOA help!

I have decided to use the premier accutip 130 grain bullets. Can you make me another moa drop chart like the one you made for the 150 grain? or shoul i just use the same chart? i really like these 130 grain accutips better. i have it sighted in at 100 yards. i just need a chart like the last one to make the long shots

No problem, you need another chart; as I mentioned the 750 feet of altitude for an average for your hunting spots would be great, what altitude where you live or better where you are going to be testing?

Remember. when you change bullets more likely your impact point will change. Make sure you make whatever adjustments to have it dead on at 100 yards with the new ammo.

Yeah the place is by my house. I have alot of land to hunt coyotes and hogs and deer here in Texas. The elevation where this is taking place is 591 feet. Do you mind making me a new chart for those 130 grain accu-tip bullets if that's alright...

Thanks

HERE WE GO:
Altitude: 600
Caliber: 270 Winch.
Bullet: 130 Accu-tip
Wind: 10 mph, coming from 90°
Zeroed at 100 yards

x3syc.jpg

One last question. On the charts you made me, are you referring to the numbers as moa or as clicks?

It's MOA.

4 clicks to a MOA. (The following is posted for any reader that needs to understand it)

In my mind it works like this:
1 dollar = 4 coins of 25 cents each. That's like four clicks to one MOA. So .25 = one click, .50 = 2 clicks
.75 = 3 clicks.

If I read on the drop table 3.1 MOA, THEN THE .1 = 10 cents; so I'm closer to 3.0 than
to 3.25 which would be 3 MOA and one click. So in 3.1 MOA I'd dial up 3 MOA.

If the chart says 4.9 MOA, I'm closer to 5 bucks than to $4.75. So I dial up 5 MOA.

If the chart says 8.8 MOA, I am closer to 8.75 than to 9? That'd be 8 MOA + 3 clicks.

It makes sense to me, I hope it helps some one else.

Josh,
in case you need to use the chart for 150 gr. Core-Lokt, this would be a better
chart for the altitude. I can send a file to you that would give a much better and sharp
print out. Let me know if interested and where to send it. It could be a Microsoft Word file, or a PDF file or an Excel file.

2em3cyb.jpg

Last edited:
So is that last chart a 100 yard zero or 200 yard? I'm just wondering. I have it zeroed at 100 yards right now but if I should just zero it at 200 yards just let me know if that would be a better idea

So is that last chart a 100 yard zero or 200 yard? I'm just wondering. I have it zeroed at 100 yards right now but if I should just zero it at 200 yards just let me know if that would be a better idea

It's 100 yards Zero. If you look at the very top it says "PATH MOA" and at 200 yards
it says -0001.7 (this is of course in MOA). Meaning that the impact at 200 yards will be 1.7
MOA low (if zeroed at 100 yards) so you have to turn the turret upwards 1 MOA AND 3 CLICKS TO be right on at 200 yards.

Remember, as you start shooting at different distances, record what it's doing so we can get the chart a little closer; and with what we have we can only get so close.

Alright thank you so much for all of your help!

You're welcome!

Also understand that 1.7 MOA AT 200 YARDS IS NOT 1.7" and close enough...
let's use the right value weather we need it or not.

1 MOA = 1.047" AT 100 yards
1 MOA = 1.047x2 = 2.094" at 200 yards
1 MOA = 1.047X3 = 3.141" at 300 yards and so on.

So... 1.7 MOA at 200 yards would be 1.047x1.7x2 = 3.56"

The reason I say this is that if you're zeroed at 100 yards and without making any
turret adjustment you shoot at 200 yards the impact point would be about 3.56 or
3.6" low.

Would 130 grain federal soft points be about the same ballistics as the 130 grain accu tips? Because these federal are my budget. The accu tips are 45 to 50 a box and I don't need them that bad. These federals are fine for me

Would 130 grain federal soft points be about the same ballistics as the 130 grain accu tips? Because these federal are my budget. The accu tips are 45 to 50 a box and I don't need them that bad. These federals are fine for me

Josh, I understand your meaning.

The Federal Soft point Power-Shok don't fly as good as the accu-tips but much better than the ones you first mentioned.

It's important though to know which ones your rifle shoot better with and that will really determine which one to use and how long your effective range would be.

2ryh851.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts