Mixed #'s of Fired Brass?

Eaglet

Mixed #\'s of Fired Brass?

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have managed to get brass that has been fired different number of times (1,2,3) mixed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Would that severely affect accuracy? Would anealing even things up? I'm in particular referring to my 300 RUM. All my mixed brass is of the same lot #.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Javier Moncada, Nevada

Re: Mixed #\'s of Fired Brass?

Annealing and trimming should even things up but I would say unless you are a benchrest guy with a benchrest gun just trim em, load em and shoot em. If you have a hand held primer you might get a feel on the primer pockets to see if they've been under some hot loads based on seating ease. I'm guessing if your gun is capable of 1 moa accuracy you will shoot this brass with 1 moa accuracy.

kraky1,
Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it.
As of now my question has had 98 visitations and
only one reply. I'm assuming what you're saying is
right on the money.
Thanks again!
Javier Moncada.

I've always wondered that to. I load test a lot of the time and I know I have some cases that have been shot more then others and always wondered if it effects accuracy. I try to keep them all shot the same, but tbats not always how it goes.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.