Missouri LR Shooting Sat Aug 2nd

I have a portable target stand, so that is no problem. Just wondered if I would need to pack it. Some spray paint can go a long way on steel targets from what I have seen.

If these are swingers I would suggest we look them over before shooting them with the rifles that are being brought. Silhouette people are a peculiar type, they like to shoot those itsy-bitsy calibers that won't burn your barrel out in less than $1000 rounds. The faster calibers will tear up silhouette targets, so if anyone has any metal targets, I suggest you bring them to shoot, or at least we'll need to lay off the closer targets with anything faster than my 6mm Ackley. I've shot a bit of silhouette, we'll see who else has "offhand skill"!
:D

Also, do we have a definite time to meet on Saturday? How about the back right hand of the Wal-Mart parking lot, nearest corner to the overpass?

My dad and I will be coming in a newer black Dodge Ram, he doesn't shoot much but I'm sure he'll enjoy watching.

Reactive targets may be useful as well if no one has any steel to bring.

In my conversation with Charlie (range Manager) the other day I told him I was bringing the Lapua shooting 300 SMK's and asked if that was ok. He said yes. The steel targets they have out are not the ones they use in their competition shoots. The ones they leave out that we will be shooting are I believe 3/4 thick.

Back right hand corner at wallyworld it is. How about 9:00??

Tyler, I got a few rounds loaded up last night for the Lapua with your name on them. Bring your ear muffs.:)

Jeff

Oh then I guess it will be fine. Maybe I'll go in and get a cheapo 24 pack of soda. I hear if they are hit with a bullet going real fast they explode. :D

Testing some loads later today...hopefully one shows enough promise so I don't make a fool of myself tomorrow! :D

Don't sweat it my friend. I will bet you it shoots better than my 6mm/284 will. I don't think that the 10 twist is going to stablize the 95 VLD's. But every round I shoot with it gets me closer to a new 8 twist barrel for it.:D

Your 6mm-284 oughta stabilize the 95s, my 6mm Ackley is and it's slower. I have some pretty light loads to test tonight...hopefully the bullets don't hit sideways!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.