Missouri LR Shooting Sat Aug 2nd

I will be coming up 54 to Mexico and catch 15 there. Car-pool is fine with me I will be driving a Chev crewcab with a cap so room is no issue. Tyler I am coming right by you are you free?
Jeff

My dad will probably be coming, so don't worry about carpooling, but we might follow you out there.

What about meeting at the Mexico Wal-Mart? My cell phone is 220-9141. Maybe we can hash out final plans.

Is it ok if I go with members of the range? I won't be able to make it up there enough to make paying dues worth it.

members can bring guests mexico wally is fine to meet at. is it a nono to bring my ifle there and put it in broz truck?

Sounds good to me. I don't think we will have an issue transfering guns. As long as they are cased, plus we can stay clear away from the store front.

Jeff

Jeez my 6mm better start shooting in a hurry! Testing more loads tomorrow night I guess, hopefully I'll find something good with these Bergers.

Tyler don't sweat it. I will probably bring my 6mm/284 with some new 95 gr berger loads. It didn't have enough twist for the 105's so I am hoping for these.

Probably be trying a new 110 accubond load in my .27 Wby too. If I get either of these to start under 1 moa I will be happy.

But if all else fails the 32" 30-378 and the new 338 Lapua usually bring a smile to my face.

This should be fun!! I am going to start pounding out ammo tonight.

Jeff

I'm a newer member from St. Charles and I've been trying to find something more than 100yds at ARPC where I am currently a member. I was a member at Benchrest in Wright City for a while but didn't really care for it. Everytime I wanted to shoot farther than 200yd, they had the backers removed and/or that part of the range closed. And there are cameras everywhere and I always felt like I was being monitored quite a bit too closely, since I am not a criminal or doing anything except shooting my rifle slowly and safely. I did not stay as a member.

What is the range you guys are talking about like? It's a couple of hours away, but it may still be my best option. What are the dues like?

There is supposed to be a 1000yd range in southeastern MO, but it would be around 4hr for me.

CINOUBUS, I am just joining this range but here is what I know and maybe the others can add to it. Seems to be a very informal range (this is great with me) dues are $15 a year. Steel targets at 2,3,4 and 500 meters. Off hand competition for guns under 10 pounds shooting steel targets once a month I believe the 3rd sunday of the month. It is located 5 miles morth of Paris Mo. "Monroe Co. Gun Club."

Jeff

Thanks for the info! The dues sure seem affordable!

Maybe I'll give it a try sometime. Let me know what you guys think once you've shot there.

I have a 6.5x55 CZ550 that I'd like to work with.

the range is great, i've still not seen another person there while i've been shooting. there are some targets for pistols too. the benches are pretty nice, and have a roof over them.

For $15 I'll give it a try once I get my stuff sorted out at 100yd. Do they have backers for targets or do you need to bring your own? You mentioned steel targets....

theres something to put paper on at 100 not the best i think its a pallet, havent used it, but it works.... at 2,3,4,500 meters there are nra silhouette targets, chicken, pig, turkey, ram, and then stands for the 10 each for competitions, dont know if you could rly hang targets except for at 100. its a great range though

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.