Missed deer ***!!

I am not ashamed to admit to having buck fever in my youth but I have shot numerous deer and I can rule out buck fever in this instance. Im pretty sure I did a poor job of sighting my rifle in to start and not checking zero when getting to Montana was dumb.
Two years ago a friend and I did a sneak on some nice muley hogs and go to about 150 yards from a real nice wall hanger. I told my partner to take it as he had a clear shot and I didnt.
Boom no Deer. I found out he had sighted in his rifle with one brand of ammo and was shooting a different brand at the deer. He was shooting over.

This was not my problem. I learned a valuable lesson.. I was in a hurry before the season and didnt get in enough shooting time and I didnt check zero the day before I went out hunting. I wish I could blame the rifle but no it was the shooter...

If you want to get some deer down here's what you do...don't touch anything and take me with you. I'll let you take the first shot.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.