Minox vs Zeiss Conquest vs Vortex

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by BEEMAN, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BEEMAN

BEEMAN Well-Known Member

Need a little help from some of you who know more about this than I do. I need another scope and am looking at the following ones, which would you choose and why.
    Minox 4-20X50
    Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 x44 with target turrets
    Vortex Viper Hs LR 4-16X50
    Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44

I already have a viper pst and like it. Would I notice any difference in glass from the PST to just the VIPER? I don"t need all the options that the PST has for this rifle. The rifle I am trying to choose a scope for is a custom 22-284 I just had built. This is only going to be a 500 yd gun. It will shoot super flat to 500 and was thinking of going with a BDC reticle.

2. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

3. gillettehunter

gillettehunter Well-Known Member

I used the Minox in Africa 18 mo ago. My PH liked it well enough that it stayed there w/ him. Only 2 stadia lines. Easy to keep track of. Very good glass. My biggest complaint is the eye box is a little small. Need to make sure it is set on the rifle properly.
    The Zeiss is a great scope. Hunted w/ a couple for years. Great coatings. NEVER had a problem. Just depends on what your top end magnification needs/wants are. If the If the 14 will do it then go for the Zeiss. If you want higher magnification then go for the Minox. Bruce