Minox Scopes???

Atlas 00

Anyone got experience with Minox scopes? I am interested in the 3x15x50mm with side focus.

Heard mostly good stuff and read many reviews. They say it's German engineering behind American craftmanship. Sounds like Zeiss Conquests to me.

I'd definitely like to hear from someone that owns a Minox of any pwr that has had a chance to shoot it and use it near dark as well as compare it to a Conquest.

Anyone got experience with Minox scopes? I am interested in the 3x15x50mm with side focus.

Heard mostly good stuff and read many reviews. They say it's German engineering behind American craftmanship. Sounds like Zeiss Conquests to me.

I'd definitely like to hear from someone that owns a Minox of any pwr that has had a chance to shoot it and use it near dark as well as compare it to a Conquest.

Great scope for the money, compares very well against a Conquest. Look at Camera Lands open box deals.

IMAG0045.jpg

Awesome looking rig! what vesion of ZA 5 is that? Have you had it long and do you have any negatives about it?

I have a conquest and am very pleased with it. I have heard that Minox's are relatively new and are definitely trying to compete against Meopta and Zeiss conquest lines.

Also, do you know if they make sunshades for them?

anyone else feel free to chime in if you have used them.

Thanks, It's the 3-15x50. I have been very happy with it, bright and clear. Great hunting scope so far. I don't turn knobs on this rig so I don't know about the tracking. It has held it's POA.

Jon

Minox reportedly make scopes for some of the high end makers.

I have the ZA5 6-30x56 with Side Focus. 1/4moa

Glass and fit/finish remind me very much of the Conquest that I have.

The turrets have a nice feel as well.

I would buy again.

Does anyone know where or what sunshade will fit a 3-15x50mm Minox ZA5? I called the company and they said that they are still in development of a sunshade.

Seems to me that it wouldn't be too hard to crank out a bunch of aluminum tubes threaded on one end to fit their scopes.

Hopeully some one out there has already figured out which one will fit.

Really shouldn't need a sunshade on a 3-15 I can have mine cranked up to 15 on a 90 degree day here in the Colorado PD field with no problems. IMHO mirage is not a problem if that is the reason your looking for a sunshade.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.