Minox Binoculars good glass or what?

I gess nobody has a pair of 15X58 minox? CK out these #'s 15 magnification, 58MM front lens, exit pupil 3.78mm,field view4.1*, close distance4.9m,overrun>4dpt diopter ajustment>2dpt, twilight number29.5,geom twilight no14.3 weight 1490 HEAVY!!!. I think these bino's will hang with the rest of them.

I've been looking at those binos as well. I've heard nothing but good things from those that have them. Check out the optics forum on 24hourcampfire.com for more info. I have two pair of Minox bins, the 8.5x52 brasph and the 6.5x32 IF's and I love them both. I got them from Gr8teful Doug at CameralandNY and he gave me a great deal. FWIW, my opinion is that you can get glass that is 98% as good as the big three and keep a wad of bills in your pocket to spend on something else. Unfortunately, this doesn't tell you squat about the 15's. If you end up getting a pair, I'd be interested to hear what you think.

This has been floating for a bit
and try to stay away from my bias side.
You get what you pay for and IMO
You can NOT top Swaro.
Pay now or pay again latter.
Save some bucks and be done
once and for all:rolleyes:

Minox 10X52s are better in the low light than leice 10X42s and they are half the price. minox 8.5X52s are amazing for the price. i would assume that its the same as the 15x binos.

dont minox use the same glass as swaro??

no flys on minox

Oliver Whipple, I ordered a pair of 15's last Thirsday from Camraland. They do have a great price. I should get them soon. I have been wanting some better glass for a few years and have read meny articles. I hope they are as good as they say. I just cant see spending 2 to 3 times as much money for 2 percent more visabilty. After using a pair of Nikon 10X42's for many years at distances from 300 yd's to 700yd's , I think I will enjoy them. Thanks for all you guy's reply's Bill Maylor.

Thanks Bill, I'll look forward to hearing from you. A really good read is the article on "Big Eyes" on 24hourcampfire.com. I'm looking to pick up a pair before season starts this year, as I'm tired of getting that wacked out headachy feeling from using the spotting scope. Where I hunt, we glass a lot, and from far away to cover as many drainages as possible. BTW, last year I found that I could pick up more animals with the 8.5 Minox than with higher powered equivalent glass. Less shake when going hand held and it made a big difference when you hit that third or fourth straight hour of glassing.

Regarding the Swaro's, there's no doubt that they are at the top of the pack for good reason. It's excellent glass, but with two kids and other financial obligations, my hard earned cash went for the Minox. Doug, who knows more about quality glass than I'll ever know, when asked about what the extra cash would get me with Swaro's or Leica's, said, in essence, "bragging rights." He did say that they were better, but not enough to be concerned about. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase.

Well guys I've got a dog in the fight now. The artical "BIG EYES" does these 15's some real justice:) and BIG MEANS REALY BIG! These bino's are 2X the size of my 10X42's. At dark today I could see under trees that I could not see with 10X42's. I thought they were prity good bino's but the Minox is clearly a better set of glasses.:D Bill Maylor

Looking for some better bino's. Anyone have a pair of Minox BD 15X58 ED BR. If so, what do you think?

I have a pair of 15 x 58 Minoxs that I've been using for 2 years. I probably spot 40 to 50% of the critters I see with them. I love them up one side and down the other. They're too big to use without a tripod but once you get them stabilized they're great. Easy on your eyes and lots of detail. They're big and heavy but once you figure out that eyestrain is nearly eliminated by peering through these glasses, you won't mind packing them.

Bill and Cross,
You guys made me do it.............seriously, I was looking at getting these bins for a while, and at $550 at CameralandNY I just couldn't pass. This price is good for only as long as the stock holds out, so I just ordered them. Thanks for the "push."

Gentleman, Competition is the best virtue that AMERICA has going! These Minox BD 15X58 ED BR is 98% as good as it's competition at 30% of the cost gun)Gr8fuldoug is only place to get them at $550. SO GET THEM WHILE THEY LAST! lightbulb Mr Whipple I hope your as pleased as I am with your new Bino's Bill Maylor.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.