Minnesota

Been living in a friend's cabin outside Ely for the past week, plan on being up here 10 weeks minus about 5 days around Easter... still trying to find a range to go to. It's pretty sweet getting home from work and going to split some wood for the stove.

Its great to hear you are back to your roots, just don't get lost.
If you can get into some swamps around your area and look for any die offs.
I posted to all that we got a Lathe so we can do our barrel changes, well after doing
4 Barrels for friends, now to get this right, I just want you to know my oldest brother who is one of the guys they take out of the first day of High School and goes to School at General Motors Institute of technolegy was doing all the work and he knows more about accuracy
than any Gunsmith was slowly cuting a chamber for a rifle I have been working on for the last two years had a cutter break and it destroyed the chamber($#!^!) I had to buy another barrel
he was using lots of cutting oil and blasting air from the front and keeping the chamber clear,
we had to order another barrel...$360.00. the guy at Shilen told me he had a target Barrel that he had for a Springfield ready to be sent out, but you will need to sand out the channel of my stock 1/16 on both sides so it just got in, I finished it last night and was at the Range @10:00
first thing this morning..Its not broke in, but its one hole 5 shots@100 and a good cleaning.
I orderd a Stainless Barrel again, they said its a target barrel and sat it a side and it was in there stash for this rifle..YEE! HA!..
Talk to you later..Keith.

Just found out there's a range in the town I'm working in...too bad I'm currently living 44 miles away. Oh well, gives me more time to read, and, starting next week, start hand loading

Nothing like 6 inches of snow and the car going in the ditch to remind one how things work in Mid April in Northern Minnesota

Just when you think winter is over it happens, I got a little sunburn out at a swap meet on sat was in the mid 70's and had snow on the grass this morning

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.