Minnesota Hunter

ArcticFox

hi all, pretty green to this whole forum thing, looks like a great place to get good info from people who have been there done that. so here goes I've ordered a .204 ruger in a Savage, wondering whats the best range to sight in (100 yds, 200yds, 50 yds) ??? and how to break in the barrel, use 32g or 40g im mostly gunna be Yote and P-dog hunting and would appritate your knowlage in this area, or anything that you could think of will be of much help just want to be on the money when it counts. Thanks for all your help.

204 is a good round just light as far as how its gonna act in the wind. I think a good range for zero would be 100 yards. As far as breaking in the barrel I always(for my custom barrels) shoot one round and clean it 100 percent for five times and keep doing that the whole way up to a five shot group. Either grain slug would work id try the hornady v max or a nosler ballistic if you wanna make up a load for coyotes and p dogs. Hope this helps ya out!

Hillbilly

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.