Millett TRS-1 on the way, anyone else have one?

teddy12b

I was originally interested in the new Millett LRS long range scope with 140 MOA of internal adjustment, but then I came across a TRS-1 for a great deal on ebay. It's on the way and I can hardly wait to try it out, but I wanted to check with people here to see if they had any thoughts about those scopes or not.

The millett TRS-1 came in and was mounted to my savage 110fp 30-06. Overall the scope feels and looks stout. There are many good reviews of it on midway.com.

I really liked that it has lock rings that can snug up the turrets to get from accidentally adjusting them.

The illumination is sweet. As can be expected if you go on the highest level it gets a little overpowering and blurry. There are 10 setting for the illumination and it's an added bonus.

Only thing I didn't like is that on 16X the focus gets a little blurry. I tried adjusting the focus, but I think it had more to do with being hotter than heck out.

I sighted in the scope and with my last couple bullets I hit the big target at 1,000 yards so the scope can't be all bad if it can do that.

I've got two for a .308 and 6mm BR project. Nightforce quality, absolutely not. But for the $$$ they are a great buy.

My only gripe is the side focus knob isn't as easy to turn as could be.

My buddy has shot his out past 1000 yards and claim they track as well as his Nightfrce scopes.

I have one on the way also that I got off ebay... I am hoping that the optics are clear. I am using it on my Bushmaster Varminter and will only be going out to 600 yards on a stretch so hopefully my gamble on this scope will pay off.

chas8180,
I bet you're the guy who just bought the one I was goign to buy! Good for you and too bad for me. Eventually I'm going to buy another one of these and put it on my DPMS 308B.
The one I have is setting on my savage 110fp and it was so much easier to shoot with that reticle in the scope. Last weekend I shot some different handloads and with teh last few remaining bullets I tried my luck at 1,000. I saw where the first miss hit, used kentucky windage with the help of the reticle and the next two rounds hit at 1,000 yards.
Cheaper Than Dirt has them brand new for $310 + shipping so I'll probably buy one from them before too long. These scopes really have everything you could ask for.

nice glass but the quality is junk. I went through 3 of them...First one the locking ring on the target turret broke during a mule deer hunt. Second scope did not adjust left or right out of the box and the third would not go below ~30" high at 100 yards. Nuff of that junk...I need to make the most of the time I can get out in the field...I do not need to be second guessing my scope.

Tomorrow my Bushnell 6500 mil dot will be here and hopefully then I'll be set!

How long ago did you have those scopes? That's pretty bad if you've had three of these exact models and they were all junk. I always read reviews on different websites before making a scope purchase and midway especially had good reviews from people.

Millett offer's lifetime warranties and supposedly are great about warranty issues.
What did they have to say about your bad scopes??

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.