Millett scopes

Scottielp503

What kind of luck have people had with them? I am thinking about mounting one on a Rem Sendero .300 RUM, can they handle that kind of recoil. Any other good scope suggestions under $500?

What kind of luck have people had with them? I am thinking about mounting one on a Rem Sendero .300 RUM, can they handle that kind of recoil. Any other good scope suggestions under $500?
Had the big scope on my custom 300 rum. Returned it

Most Millett's are made in China... maybe all of them these days...

That said, they're not the worst cheap scopes out there. Most folks who buy them seem happy with them.

But for what a Millett will cost you, why not check out the Bushnell 10X Elite, often found on sale at Midway for 200 dollars?

Sure, it's only 10x, but decent riflemen can make that power work out just fine. The glass isn't bad at all... the turrets dial very precisely... and the one sold by Midway has the mildot reticle and mil turrets.

Or...

You could do like lots of other folks do and "cry once..." Max out the plastic and let your wife and kids ride around on bald tires and spend two grand on a scope and you'll only cry once... but the jury is still out on just how long that cry will last. :eek:

Dan

I have a millet 4-16 x50 tactical, it was funky for a while, inconsistent mostly till i turned the full range of adjustment for about 2hrs its been consistent and repeteable since. They also have a backlash, pia for windage till you figure out how much backlash it has. For the glass I have no complaints what so ever.

If I could i would return it and get a vortex viper, but its been to long

I wasn't in a crying mood since I just got married and plus I'm allergic to plastic lol. I ended up finding a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40mm NIB for $255. Hope it holds up to the rifle but I had good luck with a prostaff on my .338

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.