Millett LRS?

mconwa951

Looking for a good long range scope under a grand i like the vortex viper pst but also have heard good things about the millett LRS. Can anybody here offer opionins. Wondering about the weight it will be used for hunting going on a savage long range hunter in 300 wsm.
Any reviews of either would be helpful.
Thanks guys
Mike

I bought a viper 6.5-20x44 pa with the dead hold ret and put it on my savage mod 12 lrp in 300 wsm...I like it better than any of the milletts I've been around....the 44 is as clear as the 56 all the way to half hour after sun set....

i have a millett lrs-1 and for the price it is pronominal. i have a squirrel kill at 1100 yrds with it as well as a 1250 yrd coyote! the scope sits on top of a 300 winchester magnum and has 2000+ round under it. it has out lasted the barrel that i just had rechambered gun) at 100 yrds and the loads i am using it shoots the same hole over and over. it box tests perfectly and the measures match real world. for under 500$, or even more, you cant beat it.

I had two of the LRS scopes. the first was from Millett before they were bought by Bushnell. it lasted two months and the cross hairs started turning with the power adjustment ring. It was returned in the middle of the Bushnell buy out, and took sevral months to be replaced. Scope #2 arrived and was cloudy around the outside, and would not hold zero. After some time Bushnell made it right and gave me my money back.

This is my time with the LRS, but things may have changed as it was a couple of years ago.

Anybody have anything good to say about these scopes? has anybody bought one recently and had good results with them? i am just trying to decide if i should try one of these or just go with a used leupold like i normaly do?

I have had an LRS on two rifles: a 6.5 creedmoor and a 700 Sender in 300 win mag. It has functioned very reliably. I have been pleasantly surprised. It is also very reasonably priced.

I have one, lrs1 4x16x50 on a 338wm and has functioned flawlessly so far. Very clear and repeats everytime. The only thing is size. It's my first 30mm and getting accustom to the size compared to 1" 40 and 44 objectives scopes is taking awhile for me. If you are going buy one check Natchez, when they have them in stock they are far cheaper than optics planet and other stores.
Or you could check out optics planet they have 6x20x44 pa MD vortex viper Demo on sale for 389.00 plus $30.00 off sale today for purchases over $300.00 for St. Paddy's day and free shipping. So that's 359.00 Not Bad at all, huh? I might order on today.

Gene

I have had one on my Rem 700 varmint sf 308, and have never had the least problem. It has several hundred rounds under it. The biggest problem I have found with it is that it shows me where I really am shooting. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.