Millet tsr-1

I have never owned one of these scopes but have looked through them plenty of times. They have very good glass! I have read they have problems holding zero or tracking. There ant no telling how these people had there scopes hooked up. I personal like the scopes, but like I said I dont owen one. For about the same money the SWFA SS will keep you on target with very good glass. You have to look hard to find bad feed back on the SWFA SS line of rifle scops. Bill Maylor..

I currently have the Millet TRS-1 on my Rem 700 .308. I have had great results with this scope. I have tracked it for zero and it always comes right back. There have been several models over the years, but almost always great reviews. The customer service is excelent from what I hear ( have had no need for it myself) and they welcom feedback on their product. The previous model had a slight issue with leaking light in the illuminated recticle, but there most recent model (which i have) has no leaking light at all. The glass is excellent....especially for the money. There is a review at sniper central of them testing the scope. This is on the previous model. The model that I have purchased does not have any of the issues (stiff nob or leaking light) that the model they tested did. I believe for the money is by far the best scope you can purchase......including the SWFA SS.

I have one on my remington 700 bdl 30-06 with match barrel and hit perfect at any range from 100 to over 500 yards. good glass good eye relief you will be happy with a millet

I have 3-TRS-1's and 3- LRS-1's and love every none of them. Very clear and bright glass and I have never re-sighted in one, they hold zero and the mildot / bar reticle is very usefull if you are a holdover kind of guy rather than a knob cranker and recorder for where you are. My scope dope for hunting not target shooting is hold over from the mildot / bar reticle. I do not want to remember how many trophy shots I could not take for taking my eyes off the target for a second to start cranking, screw that. I never take my eyes off my game now. Both the TRS-1 and the LRS-1 have very easy to use knob locks. If you get the LRS-1 you have settings at 12.5x and 25x the 12.5x is just twice as much. There is a definite detent at 12.5x that you can feel as you turn so you do not have to look.The LRS-1's are mounted on my match 308 and a 338 RUM and a 300RUM all have been perfect and they are a fraction of the price of the other quality scopes. They will also hold up to a muzzle brake and most other scopes it will shake them apart. A shooting buddy has had one on his 50-BMG since they came out and no problems.

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to say thanks to knc for the info he posted. I am looking to put the T or LRS on a rimfire, and wanted some good opinions on it.

Thanks, that means alot. Remember the TRS is a 30mm and good rings are everywhere, the LRS-1 is a massive 35mm tube and rings are harder the find. It comes with a killer set of 6-cap screw rings ( they look like Burris Extreme Tactical ) but they are extra high. That fits pretty well wth a regular base but all of my longe range stuff has a 20MOA or 40 MOA bases and that puts the scope a little higher off the barrel than some people like. SWFA has the best selection of 35mm rings but they are not easy to find on their site search. They have steel and aluminum. I used V-Tac ( Valadia ) medium steel rings because the scope is about 2 lbs and when you put a nasty brake on a 300 or 338 RUM so it's fun to shoot, it is hard on mounts and optics. It is amazing how well those Millets have held up and held zeo on the mule-kickers. The TRS-1 has a detent at 10x and the Mildot/bar values are !st-3.5MOA, 2nd-7 MOA, 3rd-10.5 MOA, and on 16x the values are 1st-2.25 MOA, 2nd-4.5 MOA, 3rd-7 MOA between the two settings you should be able to set up some really good Hunting scope dope chart to keep in your pocket or tape to your buttstock. I laminated my cards on green paper and punched a hole in it and wear it around my neck and inside my coat. I am making a couple for each rifle and it's load. With a good range finder you'll be deadly. Happy Hunting, Ken

DUST, have you been to Best Of The West yet????? I just saw you're in G-Town so it's about 20 minutes from you. I have been real busy and have not been to the new 1,000 yard range yet Home | Texas Shooting Range they'll even let you shoot a 50BMG there. Happy Shooting, Ken

I haven't even been back since they started building it. Been in East-Central Japan most of the year. May check it out though. DO wanna find a place to work out the new rimfire.

Wind is howling here, hard freeze tomorrow. I'm going to Red's indoor range to finish up a V-Match AR and work up a weird hunting load for a 6.8, if you want to go send a pm. Now you have me curious, what kind of a badass rimfire needs a scope like that ????????

I won't be in the states til 12/17, but would love to meet up, and peep through your milletts if you would allow. Hope to get some hunting in, and buy alot of stuff. Yay sucky exchange rate.

The rimfire is just a run of the mill mk2 with a rifle basix trigger and a bendchrest stock. Thread here. Wanna get started, and the gun seems like the best place to start, considering the price of fodder. I may move it after getting used to it to another rifle, but I don't have anything else in need of that much scope.

The TRS will hold up to massive recoil that you won't have on a 22 LR. They have some similar high power Milletts ( Buck Gold or something like that ) with the turret locks and reticle options that are alot less money. I would wonder about the low end Milletts on a 50BMG or a 338RUM but a 22 has no recoil

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.