Millet 4-16x50 Tactical

I have one of these scopes that I have had on a .243 and it is currently on a m700 var it in .308 and for the money I have been very pleased. I have only been able to shoot out to 400 yds with either cal. The scope seems to hold zero well and turrets have been easy to use. The only short falls to this scope are the focus knob is fairly firm and takes a good grip with the finger tips to turn. I just shoot from a bench so no big deal and you don't have to worry about it accidentally getting moved out of focus. The other option I wish it had is zero stops on the turrets, if you don't pay attention you can set it on zero and be a whole revolution off. Since I rarely adjust my windage it becomes an issue of 15 min of elevation difference, which hasn't happened to me but you should be aware of. In my opinion you won't find a Nikon or Luepold to give you as many features without spending another $200+

Have one that I have used on several guns. Seems to track well and held zero on 300wm and 260rem. It is not a bad scope at all. Shot it many times out to about 880yrds without problems. gun)

I'm looking for a place locally that carries them so I can get a eyes / hands on feel. I also want to look at a Vortex Viper as well.

The Vortex is a pretty good scope. I put one (Viper PST 4-16) on my .338 win mag, and with the help of a ballistic computer, was able to dial in my dope at 600 yards for a first shot kill on a coke can.....very happy. Clarity was acceptable, and the turrets have so far proved their repeatability. Haven't had it out hunting yet, so I can't speak to it's durability; it seems to be pretty solid though.

I have that scope and I think it is great and gives you the most for your money. I like to be able to lock the turrets. the glass is very clear and I like the hash marks between the mil dots. I am not a fan of turning turrets and have found on their site and others to sight in at a higher dot above the horizontal crosshair and going down the dot/hash tree have the zeroes from 200-1000 yds

I recently purchased this scope for my .270 and got the chance to use it this past weekend. So far I am impressed with it. The optics are pretty decent for the price you pay. The clicks are audible and you can feel them fairly well. Like mentioned above you can lock the turrets in place so in the field you don't have to worry about something moving the turrets when rubbing against anything. For the price it has a lot of features you won't find for the same price. I have have Zeiss, Leupold VX-1, VX-2 and a Nikon Buckmaster scopes so a bit of everything when it comes to clarity and I say this scope is a good buy for the price tag it has. Once sighted in you can unlock the turret with a allen key and move back to ''0''. Wish it had zero stop but i'll be fine without it. Holds zero, shot about 40 with it mounted. Illum reticle is also another feature that may seem pointless to some but there was times in the past that it might of helped out. Hope this helps.

The TRS-1 is a fantastic scope for the money ($319) I have a Night Force and some VX-3's and VSR's and this is a great scope for twice the money. Holds zero even on rifles with- NASTY- Muzzle Brakes. As mentioned has turret locks, very clear and bright optics, it's not a Night Force but then you could buy (5) of these for (1) Night Force. I have seen a bunch of these and the LRS-1's on Savage 338 Lapua's with brakes and they are holding zero and repeatable. Seen (5) of the LRS-1's on 50BMG's and they are holding up on those and a 6-25x56mm that will hold up to a 50 for around $500 is amazing. One of them (TRS-1) is mounted on a FN 30-06 and I'll attach a pic. If I can find pics of the others I'll post them. Another one is on a AR-10 and (2) of the LRS-1's are mounted on a Remington 700 Police in 300 Rem Ultra Mag and another is on a custom 338 Rem Ultra Mag with a 28" Lilji barrel and custom clamshell brake, all have been flawless and I shoot ALOT. We have a Indoor 100-yard range and a 1,000 yd outdoor range here and both are 25 minutes from my house, life is good. Ken

Attachments

• FN-30-06 + TRS-1.jpg
    FN-30-06 + TRS-1.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 102_1977--338 RUM--Side Shot.JPG
    102_1977--338 RUM--Side Shot.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 102_1976--338 RUM--Brake View.JPG
    102_1976--338 RUM--Brake View.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 100
The TRS-1 is a fantastic scope for the money ($319) I have a Night Force and some VX-3's and VSR's and this is a great scope for twice the money. Holds zero even on rifles with- NASTY- Muzzle Brakes. As mentioned has turret locks, very clear and bright optics, it's not a Night Force but then you could buy (5) of these for (1) Night Force. I have seen a bunch of these and the LRS-1's on Savage 338 Lapua's with brakes and they are holding zero and repeatable. Seen (5) of the LRS-1's on 50BMG's and they are holding up on those and a 6-25x56mm that will hold up to a 50 for around $500 is amazing. One of them (TRS-1) is mounted on a FN 30-06 and I'll attach a pic. If I can find pics of the others I'll post them. Another one is on a AR-10 and (2) of the LRS-1's are mounted on a Remington 700 Police in 300 Rem Ultra Mag and another is on a custom 338 Rem Ultra Mag with a 28" Lilji barrel and custom clamshell brake, all have been flawless and I shoot ALOT. We have a Indoor 100-yard range and a 1,000 yd outdoor range here and both are 25 minutes from my house, life is good. Ken
yes knc I am glad you said it first about the scope being good for even twice the money some guys get mad when they hear a $300 scope might be as good as one costing a lot more. one thing is that it is a gigantic scope lol

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.