Millet 30 mm 6/24 /56mm scopes

twobears

I am looking at getting a millet scope w/ target turrets. Has anyone had one or know of someone who has had one, what do you think. Also it was sugested that I use a weaver base I have always used a 1 p leupold base but was told that the leupoldbase and rings would not be high enough, even with xhigh rings. I have always heard that the weaver base and rings were not the best for accuracy any thoughts or comments. thanks.

I bought one a while ago and have been super-impressed with it. It tracks perfectly and seems to have a ton of internal crosshair adjustment. I went with the fine crosshairs model and really like that it doesn't block out even small targets at long range. The elevation and windage clicks are solid and the glass is very good. I got it on sale through Natchezss.com marked down from around $500 - and it's definitely a very well spent $190.

I went with a 20moa EGW picatinny base and the low Weaver tactical rings, and after working through some bad screw issues with mounting the base I couldn't be happier with the finished product.

The only drawback with the 56mm bell and 30mm tube is that it makes for a pretty heavy scope, but I think it's a solid optic giving a lot of bang for the buck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.