Militec-1

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jake50, Jul 18, 2011.

1. jake50

jake50 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Miliec in the barrels, if so what do u think of the results?

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I used it on the BCG of my M4 on my last tour in IRAQ never heard of using it on a barrel. What could be gained?

3. jake50

jake50 Well-Known Member

They say u heat up barrel and run this stuff through with a patch, it is suppose to get into the metal and protect and lube it for a long time.

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I dont think you need it in your barrel.

5. jake50

jake50 Well-Known Member

Had a peep at there web sight and they say it works well in the bore? why wouldnt u use it in the bore?

6. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

The more places you put the stuff the more money they make. I use it on the moving parts of a Glock but not in the barrel.

7. 21buck

21buck Well-Known Member

A few years ago, i investigated the contents. Chlorine is the basis. I would not put it on any part of a weapon. It causes corrosion now and in the future. It can not be removed from the metal. It's there forever. It will cause corrosion even under oil! There are a lot of other products out there that do as well or better. For my part I steer clear of this product

8. jake50

jake50 Well-Known Member

I think u are right on the money. I used it my Hayabusa .the g/box ground to a holt my son used it in the gearbox in his 4x4 a tooth broke off on third gear (not heard of on this model) I used it in my 4x4 and the crank broke (new crank) and it goes on So much for a secret formular. What product would u suggest?
    Cheers