Military Personnel leaving the Service in Record Numbers

I really can't understand what being gay has to do with either toughness, whining or finishing bootcamp?

And are you really saying that soldiers today are worse soldiers than they were 20-30 years ago?

I really can't understand what being gay has to do with either toughness, whining or finishing bootcamp?

And are you really saying that soldiers today are worse soldiers than they were 20-30 years ago?

Do you know a sodomite personally ?? The reason I ask is just about everytime someone replies with this kind of statement they usually have one real close by ...

BigBuck

I know none that comes from neither sodom nor gomorra. Whether I know any gay guys or girls, I frankly do not know. But I have met enough people, in and off work, to know that their sexual orientation has nothing to do with them being tough or weak, whether they can handle stress or not. Anything else is pure conjecture.

I am actually more interested in whether you (as in people posting in this thread) feel soldiers nowadays are worse soldiers than 20-30 years ago, gay or not...

I know none that comes from neither sodom nor gomorra. Whether I know any gay guys or girls, I frankly do not know. But I have met enough people, in and off work, to know that their sexual orientation has nothing to do with them being tough or weak, whether they can handle stress or not. Anything else is pure conjecture.

I am actually more interested in whether you (as in people posting in this thread) feel soldiers nowadays are worse soldiers than 20-30 years ago, gay or not...

Well their is know reason for me to beat around the bush so i'll just beat the bush:) Yes if there was no sodomites in the military 20 or 30 years ago then they were much better than the lacey wearing sodomites of today . Remember God destroyed sodom and gamorra ! and deliverd LOT a righteous man so their is a difference whether you want to accept it or not.

So some of your coworkers are sodomites ? Has one hit on you yet ? how would that make you feel ? seriously think about that question and if it would be bothersome to you at all then maybe you could understand how our sraite military men and women feel about them being allowed to serve. if it doesn't bother you then that bothers me.

BigBuck

Firstly, I don't believe in neither god nor bible, so for me those are only grisly tales told by the fire. They have no bearing on how I view the world or my life, even though I try to follow the golden rule since I believe it to be a good rule to live by, no matter ones belief.

I think you need to widen your view on feelings, since something can be uninteresting and not bothersome at the same time. A few times in my life, two or three to be exact, other males have hit on me. I have told them that I am not interested since I feel nothing for them other than eventual friends. I am not bothered by these incidents, why should I be more bothered by it than by a girl hitting on me? I say no to both, in one case because I am not interested and in the other because I am married.

As per being hit on at work by coworkers, especially in the military where trust is 110%, I can understand a certain uneasiness. You can't come home every night after 8hrs workday, you live your work when a soldier. Trust in your team, in your friends and in yourself is primary and vital. That being said I believe that homosexuals can control their urges in the same way that heterosexuals can. I also believe that there are more women than gays in the army. So... my conclusion is that if there is room for the women, why not the homosexuals? Both can be good soldiers, both can and want to defend their country and freedom. Why shouldn't they be allowed?

It is not long ago since being coloured meant you couldn't serve, or at least not under the same conditions. I see no problem with that now (there might be but I hope there ain't). I see a future where each and every one of us that wants to do our duty can and will be allowed to do so.

I am active duty currently and have been on many deployments with both grunts and with support elements. Along with the trust and uneasiness you must also think about this, would you allow males and females to shower together? of course not because you don't want to be naked around someone of the opposite sex unless you are going to sleep with them (ok, most people that is :p). This is also because going months without sex and then seeing a woman naked could cause an issue. Now imagine the same thing, a homosexual male that hasn't seen his b/f for ahwile and now is around naked guys. There lies the possibility of harrassment/assault and they are severaly cracking down on those crimes currently. During the initial invasion I was with the grunts and the only shower we had was standing butt-naked in a bucket out in the open, pour some water over your head, lather up and rinse with what remaining water you had. There was no modesty and there was no seperate showers for male/females or even a curtain to have any privacy. This would be really unconfortable knowing that one of those guys was gay. So imagine the bill that will come down once they allow homosexuals...everyone will need 4 heads (1-homo male, 1-hetero male, 1-homo female, 1-hetero female). This is why a majority of the active duty personnel are against it. I have a cousin who is a lesbian and have known a guy that was gay and I don't have anything against them. I don't agree with their lifestyle but that's their choice. So don't take this as a homosexual bashing.

P.S. I hope this was politically correct enough...for those that are already retired, be glad you don't have to deal with all this political correctness ******** anymore!!!.....6 more years to go :D

Greywolf: Now we're talking practical issues, and THAT I can understand. Well put.

I just react to feelings getting in the way of reason.

" I don't believe in neither god nor bible," I was working with a man on a construction job site a few years ago, we were building a house he had your same view he didn't believe in God either. He was a full blown atheist. He was always taking the Lords name in vain . One day while sawing a piece of lumber he sawed off two of his fingers. The first two words out of his mouth was.......... " OH GOD" I told him to shut up you don't believe in God remember ! I hope that some day you will call upon the name of the Lord for salvation .

The bible says that God is angry with the wicked every day.
Jesus died for the sodomites just like he died for you and I but he will never condone SIN !

John 3:16 for God so loved the world, (that's you and I) that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

One of these days the Bible says EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord !!

Bigbuck

Last edited:
I am glad you have found your happiness in your faith, and so shall I in the faith of treating my fellow humans equally.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.