MILDOT? MLR? OR EMLR

Eaglet

I have been thinking which one to choose, the MILDOT reticle or the MLR reticle. Here is a pic. of both of them.

mildotmlr.jpg

I really like the looks of the MILDOT and I can see the benefits of the MLR. To my eye the MLR seems much bussier for some reason.
I decided to play with my computer a bit and I put together what I think would be the one I would really like to have if I had the money and if it was possible. Here is the picture.

EMLR.jpg

I named it EMLR meaning EagletMLR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
This reticle would be way more accurate for ranging than any of the other two and would make it more accurate for shooting off of those tic marks. Each tic mark would be about 0.86 MOA.
What do you guys think?

sewwhat89,
I was not able to find it. I did find the NP-R2 at the Nightforce website but not the NP-R1 or NF NP-R1.

I added the EMLR2, maybe I like this one better, looks cleaner...???

Take the R2, make it in 1 MOA tics and merge it with your EMLR sans the dots and you have the R1. I think it would be great for more precise ranging and easy math with 1 MOA tics; however, I still will go with the R2 for a cleaner look. I can do math by 2s in my head with ease so the 2 MOA is not a problem, quicker too! Shoot NF an email, and they should get back to you with the same diagram just much clearer. I don't know why it posted so small on here. I goofed somewhere, I just can't figure out where.

col48,
very interesting. Could you tell us a bit more. It seems very much like the MLR without the buttom post and with a capability of 53.3 MOA from center or scope. I could use something like that!

hi Eaglet
i will send the man that made it(i think he made it)a email,and he can tell you all about it.
thanks
colin

Eaglet, I would go with an homogeneous system, meaning moa adjustments-moa retiocle, or mil adjustments-mil reticle. Why mix them??

That said, I am waiting for a scope with the P4 reticle; it is basically a mil reticle, but with plenty of holdover possibilities, apart from other measures you may be able to use if you have a lot of time to take a shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Reticle is offered by Schmidt Bender.Talk to Pete Lincoln if you are interested.

[ QUOTE ]
I would go with an homogeneous system

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree! I guess the reason I made reference Each tic mark would be about 0.86 MOA was just to show that it would be more accurate for ranging and using the tics to shoot off of, but of course what I'm calling EMLR is homogeneous, it's all mildots.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.