Mike In Mobile, Al

ItchyTF

Greetings fellow shooting enthusiast's,

I was born and raised in Mobile ,al .... I'm 53 and single.

I graduated at Murphy highschool class of 1978....currently a Junior at the University of South Alabama taking night courses...I work full time in a family owned and operated apartment rental business as the assistant office manager.

My passions...to be honest.... my obsession's are bass fishing and whitetail deer hunting....I do frequent the shooting range as much as I can.

I have three hunting rifles... a Remington 700 ADL all weather in a 7mm mag..
A Browning Bar Safari in a 300 win mag and another Safari in a 30.06.

I mainly use the Remington due to the adverse climate of weather we have down here in the central and lower parts of Alabama...my Brownings are considered to be my babies and they only come out to play when I get those clear blue bird skies.....

I've been deer hunting for almost thirty five years now and it never ceases to amaze me how after all those years at the range and in the field hunting I can still miss a deer every now and then.... it proves two things to me...it's the person behind the gun and that we are... human after all...

Recently our leased hunting property was harvested of over half the timber in a 468 acre Alabama Blackbelt section of land, The timber company left quite an expanse of terrain open to long distance shooting...

I've ranged out to over 450yd distances in the clearing. to be quite honest it has left me somewhat intimidated... if the chance arose that the trpohy deer of a lifetime came into view at such a long distance all I could do would be to watch what he does ...because I surely wouldn't shoot at him from a distance I was not practiced at. I'm good out to 200yd shots..but beyond that I am lost...

I would have to say it's a good thing I came up on this site and forum through facebook...I feel I could learn some things about long distance shooting here which could elevate my efficiency at attempting those shots out to 250..300...350 and 400 + yds. It's something I've always wanted to be able to do and this could very well be the place to get me started.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.