• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Midway BR4 Small Rifle Primers

you people have beat this dead horse so long it is rotten and stinks

just like your not suppose to badmouth sellers prices and ruin their treads they should put a stop to the wining on these treads.

their are a lot of members that have benefited from the work that @Veteran has done listing needed supplies and i hope he doesnt get discouraged and stop, it would be a major loss for everybody
The truth hurts sometimes, but that doesn't detract from the fact that what he is doing is actually adding fuel to the fire.

Just learn how to spell words correctly in the vendor search bars and you'll find what you need ;)

Lets solve this mystery....

1) Are components hard to find for all gun owners who reload? ( Not just members of LRH)

2) How many civilian gun owners are there in the USA? Ie total demand for ammunition and the components that go into it?

3) How many people of those gun owners reload?

4) How many members are there on this board or forum?

Is there an over demand for ammunition and components or is there a supply shortage or a combination of the two?

Will limiting available supply information to the people on LRH by not posting it, cut demand for components and cause prices to fall? Or will it just mean a redistribution of supply/market capture? IE LRH shooters and hunters go naked and down at the heel and some other forum, or group, or Gunbrokers get more of the limited supply to resell or trade for themselved at even higher prices than Midway, or Brownells, or Natchez, or Grafs, or Powder Valley or Hodgdons, Scheels or whomever?

Yes, let everyone go to discord and use it.....it is 1 tool and not always the best one. I have given out the discord info on this forum both in group thread links and on PMs to many people. I am for 100% transparency. But you know, sometimes I beat Discord to posting some things......Some things I post you will never see on Discord.

Discord is fine. Use it. It will help you, but it is not the be all and end all. Other people here in the last few months have also beat Discord
by being in the right place at the right time and posting what they see right here on LRH. It is here first many times.....Is that the problem?

Maybe LRH forum is now as good or better than Discord? Theres a lot of junk Im not interested in on Discord too.....I focus mainly on powder and primers, brass occassionally because its what I am looking for.

I would purely hate for there to be too much transparency, too much information on available supply and hurt the Gunbroker market, or something.....that would be downright tragic.

Lets see 80 million gun owners..
8 million new ones last year.....
Maybe 5 million folks rolling their own out of 88 million......
Of that 5 million this little ol LRH forum board is raisin prices through the roof with its 100,000 members!

If you look at my posts, on the reloading components board probably the most views any post ever got was like 500 for Retumbo, H1000 or Varget that lasted more than half a day. Most of my posts are 100 or 200 or less views ever.....

But tarnation! Its done caused prices to go through the roof and stay that way!

Get real. You guys sound like the global warming elites that complain theres too many cows and mankind is solely responsible for changin the temp of the planet all by himself.
Nevermind Polar wobble, change in axis rotation angle of the earth on a cyclical basis, etc.

Veteran done changed the rotation of the powder and primer market by posting information to a few hundred folks outta 88 million that actually read his posts and needed something....

Tell the other 83 million that buy ready made ammo they gotta stop buying it so components will go down!

The main issues are still supply issues. Yes demand is way up, but if there was enough supply no amount of competition among a few hundred folks on LRH could keep BR4 primers at $130.

If ya wanna complain, go after Federal, Remington, Winchester,
and Joe Biden. Where's the supply
after several years of this?

By the way prices were high already before I ever joined LRH in March 2021.....

1) Are components hard to find for all gun owners who reload? ( Not just members of LRH)

2) How many civilian gun owners are there in the USA? Ie total demand for ammunition and the components that go into it?

Is there an over demand for ammunition and components or is there a supply shortage or a combination of the two?

Will limiting available supply information to the people on LRH by not posting it, cut demand for components and cause prices to fall? Or will it just mean a redistribution of supply/market capture? IE LRH shooters and hunters go naked and down at the heel and some other forum, or group, or Gunbrokers get more of the limited supply to resell or trade for themselved at even higher prices than Midway, or Brownells, or Natchez, or Grafs, or Powder Valley or Hodgdons, Scheels or whomever?

Yes, let everyone go to discord and use it.....it is 1 tool and not always the best one. I have given out the discord info on this forum both in group thread links and on PMs to many people. I am for 100% transparency. But you know, sometimes I beat Discord to posting some things......Some things I post you will never see on Discord.

Discord is fine. Use it. It will help you, but it is not the be all and end all. Other people here in the last few months have also beat Discord
by being in the right place at the right time and posting what they see right here on LRH. It is here first many times.....Is that the problem?

Maybe LRH forum is now as good or better than Discord? Theres a lot of junk Im not interested in on Discord too.....I focus mainly on powder and primers, brass occassionally because its what I am looking for.

I would purely hate for there to be too much transparency, too much information on available supply and hurt the Gunbroker market, or something.....that would be downright tragic.

Of that 5 million this little ol LRH forum board is raisin prices through the roof with its 100,000 members!

If you look at my posts, on the reloading components board probably the most views any post ever got was like 500 for Retumbo, H1000 or Varget that lasted more than half a day. Most of my posts are 100 or 200 or less views ever.....

Get real. You guys sound like the global warming elites that complain theres too many cows and mankind is solely responsible for changin the temp of the planet all by himself.
Nevermind Polar wobble, change in axis rotation angle of the earth on a cyclical basis, etc.

Veteran done changed the rotation of the powder and primer market by posting information to a few hundred folks outta 88 million that actually read his posts and needed something....

Tell the other 83 million that buy ready made ammo they gotta stop buying it so components will go down!

The main issues are still supply issues. Yes demand is way up, but if there was enough supply no amount of competition among a few hundred folks on LRH could keep BR4 primers at $130.

Veteran I don't think anybody was blaming you for the high prices. You are not the only one that post availability sometimes there are 5-7 post at one time about it. It's funny how people don't have time to search cause of work but have time to read availability post then go buy it then post that they bought some how much they bought or had it their cart and lost it. I think the point being made is if people wouldn't jump on it at any price it could help the situation. I can't believe all the people that are still in need of supplies I guess it was to easy just to buy when needed. And I am sure there are plenty of non shooters and hunters just buying to resell. I know when Lapua made 300 win mag brass available it didn't last long at 159-179.95 the next day it was on gunbroker for 500.00 minimum bid. I think if people would use common sense things might work out. My opinion only

I for one appreciate your help. I didn't have discord. I found what I could and relied on reading your post for help. Thank you for what you do to help people here. I know it's helped me a ton.

I for one appreciate the info Veteran puts on here. It did help me score 5lbs of retumbo.

I'm sure there's several people gobbling the supplies up to flip on gunbroker or other forums. Just like 8 or 9 years ago there was a run on 22lr ammo. The same 2 or 3 people was in my local Walmart daily buying it up as soon as they stocked it up.

trainwreck GIF

All you gotta do is get the discord app yourself
I have discord app... used for chatting in specific groups. Don't know which discord app lets you know when items are in stock at various retailers. Perhaps you can fill us in... be more specific. Thank you

I have discord app... used for chatting in specific groups. Don't know which discord app lets you know when items are in stock at various retailers. Perhaps you can fill us in... be more specific. Thank you
It's the Reloading forum and you have various options for in stock notifications for all reloading gear including powder and primers. Herse your link to join the group.

Every bit of fuel feeds the fire.

So if you throw your gas station coffee cup out the window while driving down the highway it's no big deal because there are so many other millions of people that litter in the world? Like it was said before, you're either part of the problem or you're part of the solution. You know exactly where you stand and the impact it has. And these posts aren't really any different than the media constantly blasting the TV with COVID news and updates to keep the fear factor alive and well.

I know you mean well but unfortunately it's not helping. No matter how great or small the action, there is still a reaction. And with all the scumbags out there, they will take full advantage of your posts. You can be sure that the small number of people driving prices up by hoarding and reselling to gouge people are watching large forums like LRH, AS, and Snipers Hide because we are their main source of prey.

Last edited:

Recent Posts